I didn't like like all this fuckers in my business. I opened the little note, was this a death threat? I was so not ready for this.

I let out a sigh before I began reading through. Yo Carson! My man, it's been so long bro. Missed me? I'm not tryna beat around the bush or any shit, I was thinking of paying your girlfriend a visit, last time didn't work out for me too well, what you did back there was impressive...

... defending her. But can you really be at her side... always?  But you can't runaway from the past, can you? By the way, there's a piece of her in there.

I dipped my hand in and got out a little ziplock bag with a piece of her hair... red hair.

My jaw hardened. “Shit!” I cursed. “What is wrong?"

“It's from fucking Jackson!”

“Jackson Wayne?” Jace asked. “Fuck!” I hit the car in anger. That fucker had the guts!

This was the shit I was tryna avoid, I didn't wanna get her involved. Fuck!

“Just calm down, Carson. We could sort this out”I turned back to him. “There's only one way to sort this shit out” I got out my phone.

“What does the note say anyways?” Dave asked. “He's threatening to kill her” I then paused and looked up at them.

They didn't know who.

“Charlotte” I added and went on typing on my phone. “Why? You both aren't dating or shit and you sure as hell don't give a shit about her” Jace said and my eyes shot to him.

I ignored them and went on typing. “Hey Carson!” I recognized the voice before I saw the owner.

I looked up at her, she stopped in front of me with a stupid smile on her lips. “What do you want?” I turned to the other side.

“You know what I want” she followed and appeared in front of me again. "I don't think this is a good time, Melissa" Jace chimed in.

“Why? What's wrong?” she pulled my face to her direction and I pulled her hands away. “Oh, let me guess, Jackson sent a little present”

My gaze shot to her immediately. “What do you mean by that?” I asked. “It's perfect, I get what I want and you get yours, we get her out of the way” she twirled her in her hands, shooting me a smile.

“You should be happy, you don't like her anyways, so getting her out of the way is-”

“You know about this you?”

“Don't be so dramatic, Carson. He told me about it and-” I took a step towards her and she stumbled back, taking in my expression. “You have a hand in this, how dare you?”

"Look, I hate her! I hate Charlotte! I need to get her out of the way, she's tryna ruin this... to ruin us”

I pulled my hair in frustration. “There is no us, Melissa. Get that in” her eyes shot open. “If you ...if anything happens to her. I swear I'm gonna kill you” she moved away.

I groaned and walked out, I didn't know where I was going, just away from from this shit.

She had the guts to get him out. Fuck! I walked to the back of school, pulling out a cigarette and a lighter.

Getting it lit, I took a drag out of it before sitting on the steps at the back. My phone rang, reminding me I had to be somewhere.

Minutes past and I pulled out another cigar, taking the first drag, I pulled my hair.

Still not getting any less frustrated.

“Is this your favorite spot?” I looked up only to see Charlotte. “What are you doing here?” I asked looking back forward and she got down the stairs and sat beside me.

“Got kicked out of class”She replied and I pulled out  the cigarette and discarded it. My mind was fuzzy. “What are you doing here?” she asked.

“It used to be a quiet spot” she chuckled. “I knew I would find you here, since you weren't at Literature” I glanced at her, why was she talking to me?

She turned to me and I looked away. “I wanna actually apologize, I'm sorry for being a bitch, I'm sorry for sneaking into your room...”

She looked down at her hands. “I know I said you should stay the fuck away from me but ...who am I kidding? I'm gonna still run back to you for help. So thank you. Thank you for being there”

I said nothing, I knew she hadn't understood yet and once she gets a clearer picture of all this shits... she's gonna wish she hadn't said all this.

“And I'm not promising no more arguments or shits, you're still a fuck wit to me”she added and I looked down and smirked. “But come to think of it, those were my highlights of ...some days” I turned to her.

Charlotte's POV

“Oh my gosh! Do we really need to change all appliances when we can fix them?” I asked Carson.

“Yeah” was his vagued reply. “You know what... I'm filing a divorce” I was done being his wife and partner. He looked up from his phone.

“We can do that? What are you waiting for?” I pouted at his response and the argument started. “You're so extravagant”

“You're so not extravagant” I gasped. “You guys are the worst partners ever” We both turned to Calvin. “Shut up!” he raised his hand in surrender.

Austin walked in and we both bursted into laughter immediately, the argument was over and now he was the new muse.

Did I forget to mention? Chloe pulled a prank on him and now both his hair and face was pink. He glared at us as we couldn't stop.

I held on to my stomach for life. He glanced at his watch, we couldn't stop. “Hey Barbie evil twin” Chloe said, walking in.

“Stop laughing!” we did, we managed to. “Come on, you look ridiculous” Carson pointed out.

“Yeah, you do!” she confirmed.

“What did I even do wrong? Cole was the one who pranked you” he exclaimed. “Let's not forget about the fact, you came back empty handed without what you promised. And you laughed at me when he pranked me”

“So did everyone in this room”

“I didn't” I said. “I wasn't even there” Carson defended. “Well watch your back, you're gonna get it”

“Give it a rest, Barbie”

“You broke a major rule in the house, you pranked me. I'll like to know what Emma would do about that” he said.

“Then give her a call and so she'd see how the house is crumbling under your leadership. We had pizza for breakfast and I could pay everyone in this house to speak against you” Wow!

“Yeah, silence for sale” Calvin called out and Austin took a deep breath, eyes shut. “I can't, I can't deal with you this evening...” he turned back to Carson who was slipping some cash to Chloe.

“Are you rewarding her?”

“No”

“And are you taking pictures?”he turned to me and I put out phone immediately, he glared. “Common, we gotta go” he began heading out. “Where are we going with you looking like that?” Carson asked.

“Carson!”

“Coming” he got up and followed.

Xoxopearl 🖤