CHAPTER 42 : ANDRE

Sky: Hello, good evening. I just wanted to say you have been an amazing partner and I truly appreciate everything you've done for me. That being said, I'm not feeling that this is the best place for me right now, and I think I would like to go back to being single for real for a while. We have created some amazing memories that I will always treasure, but I think it's time that we go our separate ways. You didn't do nothing wrong, I just want to be alone for a while. Thanks.

I'd been staring at the text on my phone for the past hour, silently willing the words to morph to something else. Or even disappear completely. Cos I couldn't stomach the fact that she wanted to put an end to whatever was brewing between us.

Too bad, I was already knee deep into it, there's no way I could retract myself from her anymore. Not after Monday night, not after I'd finally admitted to myself that I was in love with her.

For that past 10 years, I hadn't felt that way about anyone and I wasn't going to let the one I finally fall for to slip out of my fingers that easy. Over a damn text? Nah, not happening. I'd do everything I can to make her realize how much I need her to be around me. How hard I'd fallen for her.

I walked towards the mini bar and took one of the vodkas there. A little alcohol might help me calm down. I proceeded to pour myself a glass but halted before replacing the cover of the drink. Maybe now wasn't the time to be lightheaded. I needed to think and work out a plan to get Sky back where she belonged.

My life.

I picked up my phone and fiddled with it for a few minutes. What could I do right now? A bulb of idea flickered in my head and I narrowed my eyes in deliberation before nodding hastily. Yeah, that would be a good start.

I googled the best floral shop in California and was ecstatic when I saw they were close to WeCare Inc. They were available all day, an added bonus since I could even talk to them right now. I pinched my nose to ground myself while the number was dialling.

"Hello, thanks for calling Bloom Bouquets. My name is Kristen and how may I help you?" A cheery voice blasted into my ear and I wondered for a second how someone could sound so bubbly by 11pm.

"Hi, Kristen. I need to order flowers for someone and get it delivered to her office by say 6am tomorrow. Is that possible?"

"Of course. Just tell me the address of the office." I relayed that information to her, including the floor her office was and the description of her office door. "Alright then. You want flower bunches or vases?"

"Vases."

"How many vases?"

I thought for a moment. "A hundred." I could have sworn I heard the lady coo over the phone.

"What kind of flowers do you want?"

"Roses." I decided to specify. "Blood-red roses."

She put me on hold for a few seconds and in the silence that followed, I kept thinking about my next plan of action. "Okay sir. I think I've got it all. Can I repeat the whole thing to you so you can confirm your order?" I obliged and confirmed my order. "So are you writing a note for your girlfriend?"

I didn't correct her assumption, cos I damn well planned on making Sky my girlfriend. "Nah, I think it's better we leave it anonymous."

"Alright, sir."

I remembered one thing just before she cut the call. "Please, don't put anything on her table or any furniture there. And leave a clear path to her table." I knew damn too well that Sky could potentially flip if her table was cluttered or my chivalrous gesture hindered her work in the slightest. I was trying to get on her good side here.