"Babe? Are you okay?" I asked him softly.

"Yeah. Fine. Guess all the stress is getting to me." He shrugged. I walked up to him, wrapping my arms around his waist tightly, pulling him flush against my body.

"Well come relax with me." I said. I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the relatively clean main room.

I flopped onto the couch and pulled him down onto me, settling him between my legs, his back resting against my chest and my arms wrapped loosely around his neck.

He leaned back to look at me and I smiled down at him. I bent down as he looked up, connecting our lips softly.

"Eww!" Three voices chorused. We pulled away and saw the kids standing in the doorway.

"Sissy, be glad you didn't have to see that." Shea said. I laughed.

"What? What'd I miss?" She asked.

"They were kissing!" Kyle screeched, covering his eyes and staggering towards us.

He collapsed onto Niall's lap, bursting into a fit of giggles.

I looked over at Niall who was staring down at the giggling three year old that was sprawled across his lap with adoration in his eyes, a soft smile gracing his lips.

"C'mere. All of you!" I said with a grin, holding my arms open. The remaining two triplets ran over to me and jumped into my lap, making me groan from their combined weight.

"C'mon, Bella." I said.

"No. I'm just gonna go to my room." She said softly. She turned around and walked upstairs. I looked at Niall who was already looking at me with confusion etched on his face.

"I'll go." I volunteered. He nodded and I picked Jace and Shea up off my lap and set them next to Niall.

"Be back soon." I said. I kissed Niall's forehead and walked up to Bella's room.

I knocked softly on the door, waiting until I heard her soft voice call for me to come in.

"Hey, baby." I said. She was sitting on her bed with a book in her lap, looking at me and running her finger tips along the page.

She had heard all about books and she begged and begged us to help find her a teacher so she could learn Braille.

Almost five years later, she was reading like a pro.

"Hey." She called.

"You alright?" I asked. I walked over to her bed and sat down beside her. I slowly took her book and shut it, pulling her into a tight hug.

"Bella? What's wrong? You love cuddles." I said, referring to her refusal downstairs.

"I'm fine." She said. She groped around on the bed for her book and pulled it back into her lap. I frowned and took it again, tossing it across the room.

"What the heck?" She said, standing up quickly.

"Excuse me? Don't get an attitude. I'm trying to talk to you." I said sternly. I tugged her hands to sit her back down but she snatched them away from me.

"Leave me alone." She hissed. I frowned.

"Bella, tell me what's going on. Now." I said. She's never like this.

"Nothing! I just want to be alone!" She exclaimed. She laid down on her bed, her back to me. I sighed and kissed her head.

"Love you, Bell." I said softly.

It hurt when she didn't answer.

I trudged downstairs and flopped down on the couch. I turned to Niall.

"Your turn." I muttered. He frowned.

"What's wrong with her?" He asked.

"I dunno. She told me to leave her alone." I said.

"I'll go talk to her." Jace said quietly. I smiled at the small child softly.

"You will?" I asked. He nodded and I smiled.

"Thanks, bud. She's in her room if you want to try." I said. He grinned and hobbled up the stairs on his unsteady feet.

"What do you think is wrong?" Niall asked, leaning on my shoulder. I wrapped my arm around his shoulder and tugged his body to me.

"I dunno, babe. She started getting angry because I took her book away and then she told me to leave her alone." I said.

"I said get out!" A yell sounded from upstairs, followed by the slamming of a door.

A few seconds later, a teary eyed Jace ran downstairs. I opened my arms and he collided with my chest, clutching my shirt tightly in his little hands.

"Hey, shhh. No tears, little guy. You're okay." I hushed him softly.

"S-She yelled at m-me. Then s-she pushed me o-out and slammed the d-door." He sobbed quietly. I held the trembling kid close, shushing him quietly.

"She can yell at me. Fine, but Jace? No way. They are the closest. Why would she yell at him?" I asked. Niall shrugged and took Jace from my lap, settling the small boy into his lap, hugging him tightly.

"Go talk to her. She needs to apologize for yelling." He said. I nodded and made my way up to her room again.

I knocked on the door and I paused when I heard her answer.

"I said go away, J." She said. Anger rose as the image of Jace running down the stairs, crying his eyes out because his big sister yelled at him. I tried the door, but it was locked.

"Bella, open the door. Now." I ordered.

"No." Came the simple answer.

"Isabella Payne, I said open this door. Now. I mean it." I said sternly. I heard shuffling and then the lock clicked. I swung the door open to see a very angry looking Bella. Her face rigid with aggravation.

"What?" She spat.

"Jace is downstairs bawling." I started. I saw her face flash with pain and concern, showing her big sister nature, before turning cold again.

"So? You came up here to tell me that?" She said in a bored tone.

"No. I'm telling you this because it's your fault." I said simply. "You yelled at him, pushed him, and then slammed the door in his face!" I exclaimed.

"Bella, he's three! He wanted to make sure his big sister was alright, and then you go and do something like that." I said, motioning downstairs.

"I'm sorry." She whispered softly. I sighed.

"Don't apologize to me. I can take being griped at by you. Your baby brother can't." I said. Her face softened when I said 'baby brother'. Jace was the youngest and Kyle was the oldest.

"Where is he?" She asked quietly.

"He was on the couch with papa when I came up here." I said. She nodded and ran out the door. I followed her at a slower rate and by the time I got downstairs, she was kneeling by the couch, telling Jace she was 'so sorry for yelling' at him. I smiled. She was a good sister.

Okay, so either in the next chapter (15) or in chapter 16, the shit will start to hit the fan.

There will be a bit of drama, and someone is going to the hospital.

DRAAAMAAA!!!!