The immortal raised a hand. "No need."

Hearing the immortal's words, everyone felt terrified. The immortal was so cold to His Majesty. Were the heavens displeased with His Majesty for stealing the throne of the previous dynasty? But the previous generations of emperors had been useless, and the people had been in a terrible situation. If they hadn't rebelled, how could they live?

As though he guessed what those people thought, the immortal caressed his beard. "I came today to thank one person here."

Hearing this, everyone became excited. They wanted that person to be them. Who didn't want to have a connection to an immortal? Fortunately, they remembered their status and did not let their expressions turn too excited.

Emperor Jinghong was slightly disappointed, but at least the immortal was not discontent that he had overthrown the previous dynasty. He was reassured. Turning his head, he looked at the officials below. Official Zhang had a reputation for benevolence, Official Li frequently donated to the common people, Official Wang had received an umbrella of ten thousand people before he was transferred back to Jing[2]. He wondered who had such good fortune.

"Who does Honored Immortal want to find?" Emperor Jinghong was extremely generous. If the immortal wanted to thank one of his subjects, it was of benefit to him.

"A child." The immortal smiled. "I owe them karma."

The children here were only the imperial children and grandchildren. Emperor Jinghong was extremely reassured. "Which of zhen's[3] descendants has such fate with Honored Immortal?"

Blocked by the adults, Kong Hou went on her tiptoes. She wanted to see the immortal but was pulled back by an imperial granddaughter.

The imperial granddaughter was just eight years old and her words were straightforward and blunt. "You are a princess of the former dynasty-don't attempt to go forward." Her imperial grandfather was the son of the heavens. Then the person the immortal owed could only be the imperial children and grandchildren.

The palace attendant next to the imperial granddaughter saw this and pressed Kong Hou back into her seat, not letting her stand up. The previous emperor had been incompetent, and his daughter was naturally born with sin. They couldn't let the immortal see a sinful person.

Kong Hou was not willing. "They will come for me. I sent wishes to the Immortals."

The imperial sons and grandsons sneered in low voices, "How would the Honored Immortal come to take an evil person of the previous dynasty like you? Your Ji family couldn't even keep the country, yet you dare to desire immortality?"

Kong Hou's eyes widened and she said, "You..."

The palace attendant covered her mouth with a hand, and she could not make a sound. The imperial sons and grandsons laughed at her disheveled state. When the palace attendants called them to see the immortal, they adjusted their clothing and walked over politely.

Watching as they moved away, Kong Hou wanted to pull at the corner of their clothing. However, they walked quickly and disappeared into the back of the crowd. Kong Hou thought, maybe the immortal will soon take an imperial son or daughter and not know that she had made a wish.

A soft-hearted palace attendant felt pity seeing Kong Hou being pressed down by the palace attendants. She said in a small voice, "Your Highness, please do not, avoid..."

If His Majesty and the Empress learned this princess of the previous dynasty dared to go near the immortal, after the immortal left, this princess of the previous dynasty would not be able to stay alive.

Kong Hou shed tears from her round eyes. This was the first time she cried after she had been made Princess Pingning by the present emperor. She cried silently, her tears dropping down, wetting the hands of the palace attendant and flowing into the blue sleeves.