Kai - {Just the way you are}

Requested by: @exoticShawolarmy

Here we go again. Starting a new life somewhere different for the second time. From California to Busan and now Seoul? I just hope this place is permanent for me.

My aunt lived here in Seoul so she offered me a place to stay while I went to collage here. I was lucky enough to already know the language cause of her or else I'd be in a pickle.

"Honey you have a long day ahed of you tomorrow so you should go up and rest." My aunt smiled shooing me off to bed. "Alright auntie I love you." I went up to my room and straight to my bed. Before I knew it sleep had taken over my body.

*beep beep beep*

I heard my annoying alarm clock announcing me to get up and get ready for my first day of school. I showered and styled my hair, changed into fresh clothes and proceeded to my do makeup. The only reason I moved away from Busan was because of my skin tone. I had light caramel skin but I was always the outcast because it was different to them.

I didn't want to go through the pain once again so I did what I thought I'd never do. I covered my legs, arms, face and everywhere where skin was visible with vanilla colored foundation. I hated myself but there was nothing I could do. I had to fit in.

"Bye auntie I love you!!" I shouted grabbing my bag and flying out the door. I decided to walk because the school wasn't that far away.

Entering the big gates I saw the enormous building before me. "Woah collages sure are bigger here in Seoul." I said to myself. "Your telling me." I heard someone say. "Hi, the names Kai!" Me smiled sticking his hand out to me. I could've sworn my mouth was hanging open but I didn't care, this guy was drop dead gorgeous! Was god trying to bless me today?

"Hey you okay there?" He chuckled. "Huh? Oh sorry hehe I was just thinking about something but hey." I smiled shaking his hand. "My name is kyiyomi and I'm a new student here." "Oh, well kyiyomi come on I'll show you around." He smiled. His smile was intoxicating. But what I loved the most is that he was brave. He didn't care about how his beautiful caramel skin made him stand out from others. He did what I couldn't do. He embraced it.

"And this is the café." He said showing me the last stop. "Kai oppa!!!!" a girl waved over at his direction running over to us with her entourage. "Do you wanna hangout after school?" She asked batting her eyes at him. *disgusting* I thought mentally shooting daggers at her.

"Uh no I'm busy today but maybe some other time Kay?" He smirked turning away with a pissed off look in his face. "Let's go." He whispered loud enough for me to hear. I wondered why he acted that way.

We walked in silence when I finally managed to spill some words out of my mouth. "Why were you so mean to those girls?" I asked gripping my backpack straps. " Because they're fake. I don't like people like that." "What do you mean?" "They act all cute around me but behind my back they talk about how I should bleach my skin because I'm to dark and different. It disgusts me."

"But I like your skin tone." He stopped walking turning around to face me. "What?" "I said I like it. It's unique plus I think it looks.. well hot and I don't think you should feel embarrassed about it, because that's just the way you were born, and you can't do anything about it but just embrace it.

*Who am I to talk*

"Well that the first anyone had said that to me and guess what kyiyomi." I tilted my head in curiosity. "You've made a new best friend." He smiled placing his arm around my shoulder causing me to look down blushing madly. "Come on buddy let's get to class." He said as the bell rang.

Since that day Kai and I became best of friends heck he was always with me to the point people thought something was going on between us be he always replied 'It's not like that' and honestly it hurt the fact he didn't like me back. It was just me and my one sided love.

What was killing this secret of mine. To think I gave him a pep talk about being brave when I couldn't even be so myself. I felt bad lying to him and I'm scared that if he finds out the bad way he'll hate me and leave. I don't want that. "Ahhhh!" I yelled into a pillow and throwing it aside. All this thinking was making my head hurt so I decided to shower it off.

"I feel so relaxed now after a warm shower and fresh new clothes." I smiled rubbing my towel against my damp hair. "Do you always talk to yourself kyiyomi?" I heard a deep voice chuckle. "KAI?HOW!?" I pointed at him. "Your aunt was nice enough to let me in but what happened to your skin?" He said stepping closer pulling the towel off my face revealing my light Carmel skin.

"Kai I can explain!" I panicked. "You lied to me! I thought you were my friend. "I'm sorry I was scared. I had already gotten bullied about it in Busan so I just covered up in fear of being left out again an-" I felt hot lip clash against mine. Kai kissed me sweetly and gently. "I know I went through it too but learned to ignore it. Kyiyomi your beautiful just the way you are okay and don't let anyone change that" He said pulling away from the kiss.

"I'm sorry." I sobbed. "Don't be." He said pulling me into a tight hug. "Oh and one more thing." I said wiping my tears. "What's that?" " I love you." He smiled pulling me back into the hug. "I do to baby."

Sorry it's so long lol I got carried away and I actually like the way this one turned out :) thank you for requesting and I hope you like it💖