Chapter 43: It Must Be My Beautiful Dream

Five months later. Three months ago, the trial of Michael MacClife and his accomplices ended but left everybody exhausted. Edward and Natalia are talking about it while slowly walking on the coast of the beach and enjoying the sunny weather that is amazingly warm for springtime.

"I can't believe it's been so long," Edward says in a quiet voice thoughtfully, not caring about the warm, strong wind slightly raising his simple white shirt with quarter sleeves, a couple of top buttons of which are open, and ruffling his rebel disheveled hair.

"I still remember everything well..." Natalia replies with sadness in her eyes, while the wind is blowing her long, wavy hair beautifully falling off her shoulders and the skirt of her white chiffon knee-length dress with an attractive V-neck décolleté, and a wide golden belt on the waist.

"Me too."

"It seems like it happened yesterday." Natalia touches her golden earrings in the form of butterflies and the gilded necklace gifted by Edward on her last birthday.

"We were so lucky to have such a wonderful lawyer. Gilbert let us know he was confident and was sure everything would be fine."

"And his great confidence gave me hope for the best. I really felt much better because that man always supported us, knowing how hard we felt."

"And it was kind of better 'cause the lawyer spoke a lot when one of us wasn't able to do it."

"But it was very hard because Michael, his accomplices, and their lawyer showered us with mud every time someone spoke."

"Yeah, they all got us nervous."

"The first day was the hardest," Natalia sighs with sadness in her eyes. "Many reporters, strong tension... A fear that something would go wrong..."

"I couldn't fall asleep the night before the trial," Edward admits. "I was too nervous because of realizing that I'd meet those stinkers. When I imagined it, I started to shake from horror."

"Not just you, sweetie. I didn't actually sleep all night. And Terrence and Raquelle and your parents looked like they didn't sleep."

"At least they said nothing."

"And those reporters and journalists. We felt so bad, but they made our condition much worse."

"Agree. They really annoyed us."

"Yeah..." Natalia throws gloomily. "They do wanna know everything to make a sensation. Make money out of exclusive details."

"Thank God, the hearing was closed. My eyes hurt because of those constant flashlights from the cameras. And I barely held down my wish to piss those journalists off."

"Me too. But this behavior would've become a reason to write an article that would humiliate one of us."

"So, that's why we had to hold down."

"We applied many efforts."

"But the hell started after the judge announced the hearing was open." Edward swallows up nervously. "I remember the policemen bringing Uncle Michael and his accomplices to the courtroom. They all looked at us with contempt and could've easily killed us or made a hole in our foreheads."

"And I'll never forget what kind of horror I got obsessed with when Wainwright was brought to the room," Natalia confesses with rounded eyes. "I recalled everything he did to me. And when he looked at me like he was gonna do that again, I terribly wanted to run away from the room."

"He didn't only stare at you, sweetheart." Edward kisses Natalia cutely on her temple. "I also got goosebumps on my back when he threw his burning look at me. And how fifthly that sick pervert looked at Raquelle! As if he planned to do the same to her. And he would've done that if nobody had been around. Especially, Terrence, who looked at him like he said Wainwright must've not run into him."