Chapter 5: They Are Playing A Perfect Couple

A new day. Peter is sitting at home and feeling depressed. He used to smile and laugh a lot, but now he does not have a wish to even smile because he thinks there is no reason for that. After the serious fight with Daniel that happened at the studio with Terrence's pretense, Rose locked himself at home, and he has not gone out for two days. Even yesterday, when he should have come to the studio, he did not come and gave a damn about his duty. The man does not want to listen to mockeries of the one, who was his friend. He does know that if he hears something like that again, he will easily explode and attack anyone to say it with fists.

Peter is actually worried because he does not have a girlfriend and will hardly get a chance to have a relationship. The man has to admit that Daniel is absolutely right about him being guilty of his failures and literally running away when he meets a beautiful girl. In order to distract himself from these dark thoughts, the blond started to go to clubs every single day and drink so much that he could barely open his eyes and do or think about something. Nevertheless, he thinks drinking helps him forget everything and feel a little happier.

Now Peter is sitting in his room, lying on the bed, and looking at the snow-white ceiling and a small chandelier hanging on it without emotions. The only thing the man wants is to hide from everyone as far as possible and not to run into anyone. He has a deep depression and is ashamed of betraying his band, which is about to break up.

And he is really ashamed of the disgusting behavior that he cannot change. The man feels like something is dragging him down and slowly killing him. The realization of helplessness makes Peter feel much worse than ever. He would like to fix the mistakes that he has made, but the blond is ashamed of showing up to the people he is guilty of to make amends.

Peter has such a strong depression that he forgets about many little things. For example, to lock the door of his small apartment that is located in an old building... He does not care that someone might enter and take something or even kill him. Peter does not care about it at all. The man would even die and stop experiencing the strong depression and sense of shame that are eating him inside. He thinks nobody will care about him. And Daniel, who literally became his enemy, would be happy with his death...

At some moment, someone uses the fact that the door is not locked and is just slightly closed... A young, short blonde with gray-blue eyes slowly and hesitantly enters Peter's apartment, looking like a tomboy in her oversize clothes. She quietly closes the door and starts to walk slowly into the apartment and look into all the rooms with a scare in her eyes. Her fear and anxiety are getting stronger every second, but the girl keeps walking into the apartment confidently, despite some weird feeling and anxiety.

After checking all the rooms, the blonde goes to the room where Peter is now lying on the bed with his arm put under his head and raising his eyes up. The man does not react to the girl's pretense and is still looking at the ceiling and examining it with dead eyes, thinking about something not very nice. The blonde watches the lying Peter with pity in her eyes for two seconds and decides to wake him up from the trance that he felt in too deeply.

"Peter..." the girl pronounces quietly.

Peter turns his head on the girl with dead eyes and reacts to her presence quietly.

"Jessica?" Peter asks in a depressed, broken, and a little hoarse voice, raises himself slightly and continues to look at Jessica surprisingly. "How did you end up here?"

"Good question," Jessica replies thoughtfully, smiling with the corners of her mouth. "You better lock the hall door. Because anyone may visit you and take everything they want."

"I don't care," Peter replies without emotions and sets his gaze at the ceiling again. "They can take everything. I need nothing..."

"What if they kill you? A crime may come here and shoot at you or hit you on the head!"