Chapter 34: I'm No Longer Afraid Of Anything

One week passed fast. It's about half past twelve in the afternoon. Natalia is spending her time with Terrence and Raquelle. The three are sitting at the back of the house on a small table and drinking sweet drinks from high glasses. Today the weather is warm and almost cloudless, but a light wind is blowing outside. That's why sitting in the back of the house and talking to friends would be a great chance to distract themselves from bad thoughts.

"It's been a week, but we know nothing about the trial," Natalia notices thoughtfully, leaning back in the chair and sometimes drinking something from her glass. "As if something prevents the process from moving off the dead point."

"No, no, don't worry, everything is fine so far," Raquelle replies, leaning back and folding her hands on the table. "I recently talked to Mr. Johnson, and he said we'd have our first meeting with a lawyer that would be protecting us very soon."

"And when's gonna happen?"

"I dunno yet, but we'll be told. He said the lawyer was good and experienced... Supposed to do his best for the judge to stand by our side..."

"Honestly, I'm nervous... But I understand I have to go to the hearing... We've gotta put an end to this story..."

"Not just you, dear. I'm also a little nervous. It's gonna be hard when we're called to testify... When lawyers and a judge ask us some questions, and someone is gonna protest."

"That's what scares me. It's gonna be hard to resist this psychological pressure."

"I get it. But we have to get over that. For our best."

"I know. And I really want everything to end as soon as possible."

"We want the same, but none of us is sure that process is gonna be easy and quick," Terrence replies, sitting next to Raquelle, folding his hands on the table and sometimes looking around, while the girl drinks a little bit from her glass.

"I get goosebumps from thinking that day will come."

"I get it. But as Raquelle said, we must get over it. But when the judge returns a verdict of our win and puts Uncle and his gang in prison, we will relax and exhale with relief."

"Oh..." Natalia sighs quietly, moving a little strand of hair off her eyes. "You know, guys... Although it's been a while since Michael got arrested, I haven't gotten better. Yes, there's definitely relief, but... I can't say I feel happy now."

"Still can't come to yourself after the time you spent at Uncle's house?"

"Partly... But I don't mean I got psychological trauma. No... Just... Just... I want something that can cheer me up. The last week passed fast, but I still feel nothing... No happiness, no sadness... Nothing... I'm an amoeba..."

"I understand you, darling." Terrence drinks a little from his glass. "The same is happening to me. I feel morally bad after what's lately happened... It got me emptied and kind of took all my strength and wish to do something. Seriously... If I'm told to go to do something, I'll hardly do it with pleasure."

"I think there's nothing strange about our condition," Raquelle replies thoughtfully. "When something shocking happens multiple times, it'll be very hard to come to yourself. Trust me, I also feel bad, but a little better than you two."

"Because you didn't have to overcome as much as we did," Natalia replies quietly.

"Wrong, I was super worried about what happened. For example, I spent much of my nerves and strength helping the police organize the arrest of Michael and his gang. You know how bad I felt after that shake-up!"

"I don't say you weren't worried about us. But you really feel better now."

"And I can imagine what you feel."