Chapter 37: I Don't Want To Break Our Ties

But at some moment, Raquelle becomes the first one to decide to break the silence, still holding Terrence under the arm and pressing herself as close to him as possible with the hope of helping herself a little and supporting the man.

"Erm, hello..." Raquelle pronounces quietly and hesitantly. "We didn't know you'd come..."

Edward pronounces something like "hi" very quietly and hesitantly. And Natalia talks more confidently, even if is super nervous and feels terribly awkward:

"Hi. I know we met two days ago, but..."

"It's okay," Raquelle cracks a smile. "Glad to see you, friend."

A short silence settles in the air because Natalia says nothing. But later, Terrence breaks it, moving his tense gaze to Edward, who is nervous much more than the others.

"Glad to see you, Edward," Terrence says very hesitantly. "I see you've decided to show up."

"Well, I didn't disappear..." Edward replies hesitantly, moving his eyes aside. "I didn't even try..."

"But everybody thought you... You were kind of swallowed by the ground."

"As you see, I wasn't. I'm still here."

Terrence says nothing more and sighs silently, starting to finger over with the hope to calm down a little, while Raquelle takes a word hesitantly:

"Did you... Come here by one? Ended up here... By chance?"

"Erm, not quite..." Natalia says hesitantly, biting her lip slightly and looking at Terrence and Raquelle a little scarily. "We came here... Together... Blair was supposed to tell you."

"She said."

"By the way, why are you standing so close to each other and..." Terrence asks a little hesitantly and unconsciously glances at the fingers of Edward and Natalia's hands. "Holding each other's hands? It's kinda... Weird... In your case..."

"Erm..." Edward stutters, moving his eyes aside. "Well..."

"There's something we don't know yet?"

"Yup... Sort of."

"Speak then."

"You will get it?" Natalia asks hesitantly.

"Sure, we will," Raquelle shrugs with a shy smile.

"So, in this case... We'd like to..."

Silence settles in the air because Natalia falls into silence and purses her lips, moving her eyes down.

"Tell everything exactly and don't pull a cat's tail," Terrence says quietly, crossing his arms over his chest. "Don't make us guess."

"I don't know how you'd react to this piece of news, but..." Natalia says hesitantly, sometimes glancing at Edward. "Edward and I... How I can say it..."

"What?" Raquelle rounds her eyes.

"Natalia and I are together," Edward says quietly, hesitantly moving his eyes to Raquelle and Terrence. "Became... A couple... Again..."

Even if Terrence and Raquelle guessed it, they are surprised anyway and do not know how to react.

"You..." Raquelle wonders. "What?"

"Are you together?" Terrence opens his eyes widely.

"Yes, Terrence," Natalia nods. "Together."

"Wow... What news..."

"I know you two may dislike it much, but..." Natalia glances at her hands for a second. "What's out of a human's power can't be changed. If you've got feelings for someone and understand you can't live without them, resisting is worthless. You'll never get happier."