Chapter 16: We Should've Seen Something Wasn't Right

Meanwhile, Helene and Jessica are walking in the city and talking about Peter's problems and current bad condition. The girls are losing hope to help their friend and find out what became the reason for his sufferings that he does not want to tell them about.

"It seems like there's no hope that we'll be able to help Peter," Jessica says with sadness in her eyes.

"Every day, I'm losing hope that we'd be able to help him," Helene sighs heavily, tightly holding the belt of her purse that is hanging on her shoulder. "I know I should help him but have no ideas..."

"Agree, we shouldn't have hoped we'd meet his friends and ask them for help someday."

"I know... Realizing that we'd be able to do nothing kills me. Even having a great wish not to give up, I realize I'm powerless in front of what's killing Peter so fast."

"But on the other hand, if we give up and let him keep killing himself, we may lose him someday. Who knows what his depression and habit to cut himself for the reason or without may lead to."

"Gosh, your words are like a knife in my heart..." Helene says quietly, putting her hand on her heart and exhaling slowly. "I don't know what I'd do if I lost such a close person to me. My life would lose meaning... Nobody would fill the hole I'd get after losing Peter."

"You know, friend, sometimes I think you're worried about him much more than I am," Jessica frowns slightly. "No, I understand you and I are his friends, but you're worried about him too much. You're kind of ready to sacrifice your time to take care of him like a child."

"Ah, Jess, you know that Peter has always been my very close person and best friend." Helene sighs heavily and looks at what's around her. "I know many men, but I don't feel as good with them as I do with him. That man has always known what to do to make me feel better and never left me in trouble. I should've just called him and said 'help' for him to come to me immediately. And now I wanna help him, but don't know how to do it 'cause Pete wanna say nothing and has withdrawn himself from me."

"I wanna help him, as well. But I've never seen someone worrying about their friends as much as you do. Yes, helping friends and supporting them is the most important thing in a friendship. But you shouldn't give a damn about everything and spend your time only with one man."

"You don't understand, Jessica..." Helene shakes her head. "You've just never met such an amazing man, for whom you'd sell your soul. And who would do the best to make you happy."

"Gosh, Helene, you mustn't have your world go around Peter. There are many other men, who would be way better and not suffer from depression for an unknown reason."

"Real friends don't leave you in trouble, even in the hardest case... Even when someone withdraws them... So, I'm not gonna leave Peter! I know he needs me, even if he doesn't say it! My heart tells me I've gotta be with him not to let him do stupid things."

"You can do nothing, get it!" Jessica replies confidently. "Peter is on the bottom! Nothing can save him! And we'll never find his friends, who don't probably know what to do to him."

"Don't dare to say it about him!" Helene throws a little gloomily. "We can still save Peter! We've gotta believe the solution will be found! Maybe, we'd be lucky and meet his friends and try to explain the situation someday."

"You know, I don't think it's possible. Even if you and I watched all movies with that actor, nothing would change. His name wouldn't help us meet him and the second pal of Rose on the street."

"You know, friend, although I'm making sure that this situation is hopeless, I think a miracle happens when you don't expect it. If we stop believing and hoping, something good will happen at the last moment."