Chapter 6: I'm Not Going To Close My Eyes To What He's Doing

It's a new day. It's about ten o'clock. The apartment of the Rochesters. Natalia, Letitia, and Anthony are sitting at the table and eating tasty food for breakfast. Plates with tasty food cooked by the woman are placed on the table for four people. Even having family breakfasts, lunches and dinners, they try to be careful and follow simple rules of etiquette, eating the food slowly, using napkins carefully to wipe off the mouth, and talking quietly. Yes, they were not born into an aristocratic family and do not belong to high society. But they were taught to behave very decently in childhood.

"By the way, Natalia, your mother and I need to tell you something," Anthony says thoughtfully, cutting a piece of a pancake placed on his plate with a knife and taking one of the pieces with a fork. "We wanted to tell you that yesterday. But we got so exhausted that we went to sleep and decided to talk with you in the morning."

"Yeah, honey, it's about your grandmother," Letitia adds quietly, carefully wiping off her mouth with a napkin.

"Something serious?" Natalia asks with anxiety, rounding her eyes and tightly squeezing a fork in her hand. "Did Grandma get worse? Did the therapy stop helping?"

"No, no, thank God, she is fine," Letitia shakes her head and touches Natalia's hand to calm her down. "Her therapy is very effective, and she gets better and better."

"But what happened?"

"Your mother and I just wanted to tell you that we're going to Mexico in two days," Anthony says. "Without you. You'll stay here and be waiting for our return."

"We managed to solve our business at work quickly," Letitia explains. "So, your father and I can go to Mexico, get ready for your grandmother's move to the USA, and take something of her things."

"And..." Natalia pronounces hesitantly, slightly scratching her plate with a fork. "When will you be back? Are you leaving for one month?"

"You should understand that moving isn't an easy thing. We can't say when we're back in New York."

"Of course, we will be calling you often to find out how you are doing," Anthony promises. "And if you spend all your money, we will transfer more to your card. But we don't know when we're back in New York."

"Erm..." Natalia cracks a smile. "Okay... I got it..."

"And I think we'd have to go to Mexico several times before Mrs. Lascano moves here with all her things that we will move here with her stuff."

Natalia thinks for some time, biting her lip slightly with sadness in her eyes.

"Oh, listen, maybe, I go to Mexico with you?" Natalia asks hesitantly. "I'd be happy to help you get ready for Grandma's moving. Well... For example, I take something, move it to New York, and come back to Mexico."

Anthony and Letitia look at each other questioningly, being a little surprised by what they heard.

"But, honey, why do you need it?" Anthony wonders, putting a fork and a knife on his plate. "You did too much to help us! We thought you'd love to spend time with your friends and boyfriend."

"Yes, daughter, you need to speak to your friends and have fun," Letitia says with a slight smile. "Your father and I will do it well without your help."

"It's not hard for me to go to Mexico and help you with moving Grandma to the USA," Natalia says quietly with sadness in her eyes. "You and Father know well how much I love Grandma Adriana and worry about her."

"We completely get it, my sunshine," Anthony smiles shyly, caressing Natalia's hand. "But we don't want you to spend all your time with your grandmother and forget about you and your friends. You're young and beautiful and shouldn't spend your time on it."