22. Sebastian

Sitting in Eduardo's office, I leaned back on the chair as I furrowed my brow. Listening to one of my scouts, whose name was Marcel, who did a decent job but lacked intelligence.

"What do you mean?" I asked firmly into the phone, "You lost her?"

 I had instructed Marcel to gather a few other scouts and keep an eye on Tamara.

"I'm not entirely sure boss, one moment she was there and then she vanished," Marcel explained.

 I pinched the bridge of my nose, resting my elbow on the table. "Please find her, it's crucial."

 I was livid, as Tamara had teamed up with Thomas to harm Liliana, and their actions nearly resulted in her death.

 "We will continue our efforts to locate her boss, but it's not looking promising."

 I slammed the phone down when Marcel ended the call, causing Liliana to jump as she had just arrived at the office door.

 "Difficult phone call?" She inquired, her voice sounding rough.

 "A bit," I motioned for her to come closer, concerned. "Come here, love."

 Liliana walked over, interlacing her fingers with mine. As she approached, I caught a whiff of her signature scent, Coach Floral, which smelled of flowers and a hint of vanilla. It suited her perfectly. As I looked at her, I felt even more worried. Her hair was pulled back in a messy bun, and her eyes were reddened, as if she had been crying.

 Biting my lip, I gently placed my hand on her cheek, stroking it softly. "Have you been crying?"

 Glancing down at her, I noticed that she was dressed differently than usual. In fact, she was wearing my grey track pants and sweatshirt. Liliana shut her eyes tightly, emitting a small whimper as she tried to suppress her pain.

 Panic surged within me at the sight of her suffering. I had no idea what was wrong. "Baby?" I took a deep breath. "What's wrong? Should I take you to the hospital?"

 Liliana shook her head, whimpering again in an attempt to convey her thoughts. "No, no. I don't need to go to the hospital."

 "What's wrong? Why are you in pain?" Worry and fear filled my eyes.

 She seemed embarrassed to tell me. Taking a deep breath, Liliana smiled sweetly. "I think I got my period this morning." Her cheeks flushed a deep shade of red.

 "Oh, my love." I pulled her onto my lap. "There's no need to be embarrassed. It's a natural process that women experience."

 Hiding her face in my chest, she grabbed my shirt with her fists. “I got a little bit of blood on your towel when I had a shower. I was worried you were going to be mad at me, I tried to come in earlier, but you were on the phone."

 Shaking my head, I gently tilted Liliana's head up with a smile. "Never apologize for wanting to come into any office. I don't mind, baby. Blood on the towel doesn’t bother me at all. Do you know how much blood I've had on my hands? Plus, you can't control when your period comes. I'll ask Brunhilda to change the sheets."

 Without a second thought, I dialled Brunhilda's number on the phone, explaining that I needed the sheets changed and asking Jade to go out and get some of Liliana's favourite snacks.

 A few moments later, Liliana stood up carefully while I stood up behind her. Lifting her into my arms, causing her to giggle.

 "I can walk."

 Smiling down at her, I reassured her, "I know, baby, but you're hurting and I want to help you as best as I can."

 Heading down the hall, Zeus, Phantom, and Cerberus trailed behind me, showing their protective nature towards Liliana. They have been nothing but protective since she arrived. The three Dobermans Pinschers sat beside her as I laid her down.

 Brunhilda came back into the room, bringing a hot water bottle, some juice, and pain relief. She stood at 5'1" tall and was around 50 years old, with olive skin and a few wrinkles on her forehead and around her eyes. She had shoulder-length dark brown hair. Brunhilda's eyes were large and hazel, with a square jaw and lean face.

 I fixed Liliana's pillow, turned on the TV, and put on her comfort show, House Of Dragon. Giving her forehead a small peck, I noticed Jade entering with Liliana's favourite snacks.

 "Alright, Miss Liliana, I've got you. I brought your favourite sweets like Tarta de Santiago, Bunuelos, Polvoron, and Pestinos. I also got some lollies like Sour Patch Kids, Nerds, two Nerd Ropes, and Jolly Ranchers. And of course, your favourite chocolate chip ice cream with extra chocolate chips."

 "Oh, Jade. Thank you so much. I'll try and eat it all. It looks amazing," Liliana said gratefully as Jade placed the tray next to her.

 Jade stood at a lovely height of 5'4" with fair skin and gracefully styled long black hair. Her eyes were a beautiful shade of dark blue, perfectly complementing her softly shaped jaw and cute, puffy cheeks.

 "As we have prepared, Miss Liliana, all your favourite snacks are ready for you whenever you desire. If there's anything else you need, please don't hesitate to let us know. We'll do our best to assist you promptly."

 "I truly appreciate your kindness. Thank you once again."

 As Brunhilda and Jade exited the room, I turned to Liliana, expressing my availability. "Remember, if you need me, just give me a call. I have some matters to attend to with Eduardo." Then I shifted my attention to the dogs. "Boys, make sure to protect her with all your might."

 In response to my words, Zeus, Phantom, and Cerberus barked before finding their comfortable spots on the ground. As I left the bedroom, I ensured that two guards were stationed at the door, taking every precaution for any possible incident.

 "Is everything alright, my son?" Eduardo inquired.

 "Yes, Papi. Liliana isn't feeling her best today, but she's in good hands with Zeus, Phantom, and Cerberus. I've also placed a few guards outside the door, just to make sure."

 There were a few individuals in this household whom I didn't fully trust, especially some younger men who seemed to have a questionable interest in Liliana. Although Eduardo assured me that there was nothing to worry about, I couldn't shake this uneasy feeling about them, regardless of his attempts to ease my concerns.