"It's a miracle... Only one of the thirty test subjects survived. Let me see this guy with tenacious vitality, Levjet." "Please come in."

    I opened

    my mouth halfway, freeze there. What surprised me was not only the experiment they mentioned about transplanting mermaid organs into the human body, but also the two people who were talking to each other. One of them was Shinichi who survived by luck, and the other was my grandfather. It sounds like they are working on this appalling research project together, how could this be? How could my grandfather cooperate with Shinichi? Is his love for me all an illusion? Did he, like them, see me as a bait in a plan?

    No... no, maybe he was coerced by Shinichi...

    I emphasized it in my heart, but many scattered questions in my memory gathered together, as if gradually forming a mirror, which reflected some strange experiences in my childhood that I could not understand, and pointed cruelly to me that I could not believe, nor could I. A possibility that I don't want to believe. The weird dream a few years ago also suddenly became clear in my mind - the interior of the white building, the young me, and the young children who were undergoing medical examinations with me... Such a scene really

    existed in my childhood and is closely related to my grandpa.

    His brain was buzzing, and cold sweat dripped from his forehead.

    "Desaro?" Agares stared at me with his deep eyes, suddenly wrapped his arms around my neck, and put my body into his arms, as if he knew what I remembered, webbed claws He stroked my back comfortingly. However, I couldn't stop sweating all over my body, and my thoughts wandered through the memory tunnel as if unleashed, picking up the clues in the memories that I had forgotten.

    I think back to when I was in Norway until I was six years old, my grandpa would take me to a hospital every month. There, my body values ​​were meticulously measured and recorded, and samples of hair, blood, and even saliva were taken one by one. However, thanks to the spores of Agares, there is no disease in my body. So, what is the purpose of such frequent physical examinations? And for what purpose were those young children my age brought to that hospital?     I clenched my fists tightly, and my voice seemed to be cut before it could be sent out, but I couldn't help but turned into a wry smile: "Damn it... I dare not doubt it like that. Agares, maybe I was born as a victim of a conspiracy! Damn it of!"

    The webbed claws on my back trembled, and suddenly tightened my body, hugging me tightly. His nose was pressed against my forehead, and his lips blocked what I hadn't said yet. The nostrils were filled with the smell of Agares, I subconsciously inserted my fingers into his hair as if grabbing a life-saving straw, knelt down, lowered my head and buried my face in the socket of his neck, my heart felt as if Two beasts are fighting fiercely. I don't want to doubt that the grandfather who cared for me in my impression is also a member of the conspiracy, but what I know now contradicts my past memory to the extreme. In the struggle between inherent emotions and seemingly logical conjectures, my thinking seemed to lose its direction all of a sudden.

    "Tell me...Agares, do you know what my grandpa is involved in all this? Do you know?" I took a deep breath and asked with difficulty in a low voice.

    Agares was silent for a while, and I felt his fingertips gently rubbing against the base of my ear, as if he was hesitating for something. Now I'm sure Agares knows what I want to know. I clasped his wrist and looked up at him: "If you know everything about me, don't hide from me! I want to know myself. I would like to go to Atlantis with you, but only if... I want Know the truth. Otherwise, I will leave your side and find out what I want to know."     "Desaro!" His body froze, and his emotions seemed to be aroused by my words, "Your grandfather, human His name is Levjet, he was once my envoy to the human world."     "Messenger? You said my grandpa was originally a mermaid?"     "Yes, a hundred years ago I planned to launch a war against human beings." massive war."     "Why?" I wondered.     "In order to survive." Agares narrowed his eyes, "The ocean of the earth is the outer protective layer of Atlantis. The more damage humans do to the ocean environment, the more precarious Atlantis will be. Our normal reproduction The system was completely destroyed by the warming sea water, in order to prevent the descendants from disappearing forever, we have evolved another way to expand the population—” “     Assimilate humans through cell invasion?”