Chapter 44

"God, what is that!"

    A man yelled, we woke up like a dream, and pointed our guns at the unidentified creatures floating from the swamp, but we heard Rafal shouted in a low voice: "Don't move! , This is a monitor lizard! Lizards are especially sensitive to moving things, the faster we move, the faster we die!"

    An armed man whispered, "Squat down and slowly go back along the same path," said As he turned his head and gestured to the companions behind him, they nodded understandingly, which seemed to be a common layout signal in mercenary battles.

    We squatted down according to the instructions of these experienced mercenaries, and while staring at the red-eyed monster to prevent it from suddenly attacking, we moved our bodies carefully and retreated to the cover of some trees.

    But it was too late to say now, but soon, a wave of muddy waves suddenly rose in the swamp!

    A huge black silhouette stood up, and in an instant, a big bloody mouth full of sharp teeth was turned out of the muddy water. The dark purple venom-stained tongue flicked in mid-air, and the curved and sharp animal claws were as deep as a digger. It plunged deeply into the ground, then arched its back with umbrella-like membranes and stared at us, making a snake-like hissing sound from its mouth.

    My eyes widened in astonishment—I swear this is not any lizard whose species name can be found in the Encyclopedia of Biology, this guy looks exactly like Estesia, a young dinosaur that existed in the Cretaceous Monitor lizards that eat dinosaur eggs!

    God knows how there are extinct creatures in such a place!

    Unexpectedly, the monitor lizard did not attack immediately, it lay there quietly, its big red eyes turned in two different directions like the lens of a monitor, as if it was observing our group of ants Like creatures, ready to go. I don't know if its venomous tongue has the deadly hunting skills of a chameleon, if so, even if we have a gun in our hands, it will be difficult to compete with it.

    The nervousness made my sweat come out of every pore, and I didn't dare to move. I firmly pointed the gun in my hand at the monitor lizard's mouth. Eva clings to my back because of fear, I feel her trembling slightly, and I can't help worrying that she will suddenly scream out of control or run away. In order to calm Eva's emotions, I reached down with one hand and squeezed her wrist gently and firmly, while her fingers gripping the corner of my clothes tightened even more.

    This kind of subconscious dependence made me feel a desire to protect, and my horror was somewhat overshadowed. However, the moment my courage rose, I suddenly found that one of the monitor lizard's eyes was staring in our direction impartially. Then, the head slowly turned around, and then narrowed its eyes , staring at me quietly, as if looking through me to the distant depths of the dense forest.

    I suddenly felt that this ancient creature was a bit special, because it didn't look like a hungry predator. It looked at us not like a group of prey, but more like a group of ignorant ants. It seems to be thinking about our purpose, our background, whether we are worthy of its killing.

    Eva, however, trembled more violently. The barrel of her gun went over my shoulder, aiming at the monitor lizard's eyes, and I grabbed her other wrist and warned in a low voice, "Don't panic, Eva, calm down..." My voice was the result of the gun

    . It stopped abruptly with a loud "bang" at the muzzle, and in a puff of smoke from the muzzle, an astonishing recoil pushed Eva and I backwards, and my brain was filled with There was a buzzing sound in the ears, and the whole person was spinning for a moment. I shook my head and just stood up, and saw the umbrella-shaped wing membrane on the neck of the giant lizard not far away because of being irritated. With a sharp roar, the attacking posture is completely exposed!