Video Games

"Ha! Look at this." Anni-Frid yelled in excitement as she pressed X to make her red car speed up.

Benny, sitting next to her on the soft rug at the foot of his bed, looked at her with amusement but also tenderness; Anni-Frid bit her lower lip in a crafty gesture as she stared at the screen, her deft fingers flicking the control left and right as if she hadn't learned to use it just a few minutes ago. A few strands came out of her ponytail and fell over her face, framing it. Lovely, he thought. Having her here in his bedroom was an illusion, because it was his personal space and that she was here meant a lot. Never before had he cared so much about bringing a girl up here, but as always, Anni-Frid was the exception. Both were surrounded by flashing lights and motor sounds as they played a racing video game that he himself chose. It was Anni-Frid's first time playing video games, according to her, but the truth is that she showed herself very pro and confident.

"Try and reach me." He challenged her. Benny was filled with her glowing excitement and he slowed down on purpose without her noticing.

"Yeah!" She squealed excitedly as she passed him during a curve.

Benny chuckled and continued to misplay on purpose, he would let her win. "A lucky streak huh." He teased her.

"Shut up, Benny!" He was interrupting her. Benny, for his part, laughed harder at her heated rush. She had to slow down when a couple of obstacles appeared, but recovered instantly, the noise of the engine filling her ears. She now understood why boys loved video games, they were high adrenaline producers.

Nearing the finish line, Benny sped up and got close enough to her car purely to tease and get a reaction. Anni-Frid pursed her lips and tensed the hands that continued stuck on the control. 3,2,1... She won. "Ha! Yes, yeeees!" She yelled raising her arms in a triumphant gesture. "Woah!" She put the control down and began to clap. "Did you see that?!"

Benny burst out laughing, infected by her hilarious victory. "I think you cheated." In response, he earned a hard push to the shoulder that obviously failed to knock him down since he was stronger.

"Jealous. Let's go again."

"I think that has been enough for you."

"Can't you take another defeat?"

"It's been enough for my record."

Anni-Frid rolled her eyes. "Guys."

Benny laughed and, taking her hand, pulled her towards him causing her to fall right into his lap. "Okay okay, well done, babe. I have taught you well."

"Not difficult at all."

"Okay..." he narrowed his eyes. "I was expecting a thank you my lord."

She let out a laugh. "Eww, your ego sucks."

"Excuse me?" He said offended. "Which ego?" He started picking at her stomach in a tickle attempt.

"No! Don't you even dare." She grabbed his hands tightly and he looked at her challengingly. "You know I hate tickling, why do you insist?"

"I enjoy seeing you defeated."

"Oh? Are you sadist or something?"

He pursed his lips and looked up at the ceiling in a thoughtful gesture. "Hmm..."

"I'm ready to run."

"Good luck to you, no. I'm not." He added after a while. Anni-Frid gave a big eye-roll and threw her head back.

"Child!"

"Oh no," Benny used his strength and, taking hold of her hips, turned over the rug, him on top. "A child can't do this." He placed a wet kiss on her neck.