Casting A Shadow

Tonight was the night. After three intense days of study, this Wednesday night she was free, but free was only relative. Benny mentioned again about the dinner at his house, his mother proposed Wednesday and Anni-Frid accepted out of courtesy, she didn't want to rude Mrs. Andersson. But just now that they were on their way to the Anderssons' house, she began to regret it. Nerves were at a peak, her hands were sweaty and she constantly ran them deliberately up her thighs to dry them. Anni-Frid was wearing a nice dark green dress that reached above her knees, matched with long boots as it was a cold november night. She spent an hour and a half fixing her hair until she opted for a half ponytail, not to mention she did her makeup twice. Not even before going on stage was she this nervous. She was quite aware of how immensely important this was and meant; she was about to meet the parents of her boyfriend, whom she had known for a little less than a month.

Anni-Frid was so preoccupied with searching for predetermined answers to possible questions the Anderssons would ask her that she lost track of the conversation with Benny. "Hey, everything alright?" He took her hand gently.

Anni-Frid snapped out of her thoughts and gazed at him mistily. "Yes. Sorry, I got lost."

Benny half smiled to calm her down, he knew she would be nervous. "It's okay. We're here." He nodded out of the car and Anni-Frid took a look out the window; The Andersson house was definitely cute, with big dark red and white walls, the front yard was big as well, there was even a car parked there. Entrance lights from large chandeliers adorned and illuminated the exterior. She took a quick look at the surrounding houses, all of them nice, it was a well-off neighborhood.

If she was nervous before, she was terrified now. Anni-Frid cleared her throat so she could get a word out. "It's cute." It was all she managed to say.

"Thank you. Mom and Dad spend a lot of time decorating or changing things, you'll see." Benny unbuckled his seat belt and grabbed the car keys. "Are you ready?" The answer was negative, but she couldn't back down. Anni-Frid nodded and Benny got out of the car, walked around and opened the door for her.

Her legs felt like jelly as her boots touched the cold asphalt. "Thank you." She told him when Benny helped her. Knew she had to move forward when he sheepishly placed a hand on her lower back.

"Do you see that motorcycle there?" He pointed to a black motorcycle at the far end of the front yard. "It's mine too."

Was there something he didn't have? Benny was a very privileged boy, she realized the moment they met, and it lowkey overwhelmed her. "Ooh, that one is cute, too."

"We can go on a ride whenever you want."

"We definitely should." Apparently tonight she was of few words. Her mouth was so dry she could barely speak. Benny led her by the hand, her heart racing as they entered the pretty house.

"Hi!" A blonde girl appeared as soon as the door opened, apparently she was already waiting for them. She was pretty, with curly hair and big blue eyes, like Benny's, she also had a beautiful smile that almost made Anni-Frid's nerves disappear.

"Hello Eva." Benny waved without letting go of her hand.

Sure! Eva-Lis, Benny's sister. He told her about her and the rest of the family. Eva-Lis and Benny were different but even so at first glance it could be said that they were siblings. Anni-Frid took a step forward and, taking courage, stretched out her hand to greet her. "Hi, Eva-Lis."

The little blonde's eyes sparkled and she hurriedly took her hand. "Anni-Frid, right? My brother has told me a lot about you," she said effusively.

Benny blushed as he gave her a quick 'don't do this' look. "I can say the same," Anni-Frid commented with a nervous giggle. What things has Benny mentioned?