After about five minutes Sammy goes and runs off the cliff. She runs and jumps off the edge so far out then she does a dive. I run out to see if she is okay. Then a little while later I see her head bop out of the water. I do the same as her but instead of diving I do a cannon bomb, and splash right in front of her. Sam is already beside her. There was a rush as I was coming down. There was wind in my hair and sense of freedom. There was no gravity that could not make you do anything you can’t do. I could have done back flips if I wanted to.

After about twenty minutes everyone was down in the water. We were all playing around and splashing each other. When we had to leave, we all raced back. Sammy was the first one there and she wasn’t even breathless, but the others were including me. She just smiled at all of us and started laughing.

“What are you laughing at?” asked Paul.

“You guys look like drowned cats!” she said laughingly I went to go hug her and I was laughing to ’cause we did. Only she looked normal and she was the one who was swimming real fast! When I went to go hug her there was some other guys looking at her real funny.

“Let’s go guys. Sammy’s getting cold” I say.

“What?! I am not cold what are you talking about? Oh I see yeah come on. Let’s go.” Sammy said seeing the look on my face.

After another 30 minutes we were back where we started. Samantha started putting on her skirt and her tank top over her bathing suit. Then she starts to head home.

“Hey, hey wait for me missy!”

“Well, Jake you just have to catch me!”

I start to chase her and by the time we reach the beach I caught her into a hug. She starts laughing and twists so that she may hug me herself. I set her down and she kisses me and I have all the joy in the world right in front of me. We then head on over to go see my dad at home; he was just watching a rerun of a game when we come in through the door. He looks to see who it is then smiles at Sammy and again I see that same sad look in his face.

“What’s wrong Billy you look sad?” Sammy asks as she goes and squats beside him.

“Oh it’s nothing, Sweetie, it’s just that I’m getting old that’s it.” Billy says trying to get out of her curious gaze.

“No it’s not. Billy please tell me what’s wrong?” she asks and shows him her big round brown eyes.

He can’t resist her eyes so he tells her what was wrong with him.

“You look a lot like Jake’s mother. And every time I see you I see her. I just miss her so much because I love her. I know that you are not related to us or anything like that because you look like your mom and dad. Its’ just that it seems like she took root in you. You act like her and you just seem like her I’m sorry that I’m troubling you with this nonsense I’m sorry.” My dad said but his voice was heavy and so were his eyes. He was about to roll away but Sammy put an arm on his shoulder.

She said, “No Billy you didn’t trouble me with nonsense. Because it felt like I lost her too. And I am sorry I am doing this to you-”

“No you’re not doing anything to me Sweetie. But thank you for your concern now you better go back to Jake, okay?” My dad interrupted and she just nodded and I went to go stand by her. “Thanks Dad, I love you.” I said to him. “Your welcome, son, and I love you too.”  Then he wheeled away to his room.

As soon as the door closes Sammy starts looking sad and distraught. “Jake I am worried about your dad. He is still holding on to her and with him doing that he won’t be able to move on with his life. We need to do something. We can’t just stand here while he is still hurting.”