✩ thirty four

CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR

CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR

FREAKS

everyone was finishing eating dinner and the clan was preparing a bonfire for the chilly night. the sully's, talia and spider were sitting near tonowari and ronal as they conversed casually.

the parents were held in an adult conversation whereas the kids were sat closer to the warmth of the fire, which illuminated a bright light into the stretching darkness as eclipse passed mere minutes ago.

talia wrapped neteyam's shawl around her shoulders as she sat on the sand, her back leaning against lo'aks knees. tuk had crawled over to her with tired eyes, her little hands rubbing at them as she tried to stay awake with her family. she failed, passing out into talia's arms and curled into her.

but talia didn't mind, embracing the little girl she dearly loved like a sister. she hummed a song she once knew as a human, the lyrics giving her peace of mind as she stroked tuk's hair.

"you have a pretty voice," kiri told talia as she sat down next to her, moving away from spider and rotxo who seemed to grow as friends.

talia softly laughed, careful not to wake the girl in her lap, "that's definitely not true. and i wasn't even singing."

"kiri's right, your voice is beautiful," neteyam joined in as he took a seat next to lo'ak on the log. talia looked back at him with a pointed look, "really, you too?"

"you could be a clan singer!" kiri's eyes brightened with ideas.

talia shook her head, "i don't think so."

the two talked about her potentially joining the clan members as a singer, but talia argued back. neteyam and lo'ak just listened in and relaxed, taking in their surroundings calmly for once.

"oh eywa, here, let me take tuk." neytiri noticed her youngest daughter sleeping in talia's lap, moving to pick her up.

talia waved her off politely, "she's okay, neytiri. i don't mind."

neytiri paused her steps, "okay, get me if you change your mind."

tsireya, aonung, rotxo and spider made their way over to the sully's and sat down around them. the girl obviously picking the spot closest to talia, finding herself drawn to her presence as always.

"when do we start my training, talia?" aonung brought up in front of the group.

all eyes snapped to her, taken aback by his question. as far as everyone else was concerned, there hasn't been any private lessons given.