✩ twenty four

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

THE MONSTERS

returning back to the village, lo'ak and talia were initially saddened to have to drop their holding hands but were too blissed out after their activity in the forest to care too much.

upon their return, neytiri caught up to them and informed the pair that talia and the other successful na'vi from the iknimaya would be celebrated that night after dinner with the entire clan.

"find me before dinner and i will give you the proper clothes for your celebration, talia." neytiri told the avatar, to which she nodded excitedly as she couldn't wait to see what she would wear.

"very well, i will see you both soon. and lo'ak, don't forget to take tuk to see her friends." the mother added with a point before walking away. "but mom- i'm busy!" lo'ak shouted after his mom but she waved him off.

"damn, i can't believe i'm on tuk duty again. her friends are so annoying!" he groaned as he rubbed his eyes.

talia laughed, "c'mon, they can't be that bad. i love tuk!"

lo'ak shook his head, "they're like little animals, one of them even bit me once!"

now the avatar girl couldn't stop laughing which made lo'ak huff in annoyance, "it's not funny tal, i'm seriously traumatized for life."

talia stood straighter and stifled her laugh, "no, you're right. a bunch of eight year olds are totally scary." she teased.

lo'ak was about to speak up to continue the playful banter, but neteyam, kiri and spider joined them.

"bro! you took forever to get back, did you go to the wreck without me?" spider asked lo'ak as he was concerned of being left out.

lo'ak scratched the back of his head while neteyam smirked between the group, a knowing feeling written on his face.

"nah bro. uh, let's just go track something-" he tried to change the subject when replying. kiri interrupted him, "you're supposed to babysit tuk, you can't ditch her!"

rolling his eyes, lo'ak replied, "fine. let's go spider," but the human boy hesitated, "i'm not going after last time."

"what happened last time?" talia asked with pinches brows, confusion and curiosity getting the better of her. kiri and neteyam had newly reddened faces from holding back their laughs, but eventually let them out. this made lo'ak and spider groan in remembrance of the incident.