✩ two

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐘

"who the hell are you?" the taller, but still young, na'vi boy asked talia. she didn't say anything as she started backing away from him. unfortunately, he grabbed her arm and held on tightly.

"i asked you a question. do you understand me?" he asked again, this time loud enough to draw the rest of his group.

that's when she saw spider.

"talia!" he shouted, causing his friends to turn to him with the most baffled look. "you finally had the balls to come to the forest?"

talia narrowed her eyes at him, not liking the attention she's getting currently nor thinking this was a time to be joking.

"you know this girl?" The boy gripping her arm asked. spider nodded, "that's talia, I told you about her before. talia, this is lo'ak, kiri, and tuk." he quickly pointed at everyone.

"i met her already! she's my friend." tuk shouted.

"you what!?" lo'ak widened his eyes. if his parents knew he let his little sister wander off and meet strangers, he'd be dead by morning.

by now, talia got a good look at this lo'ak. he was tall, toned, and hot. she stared at him until he looked back to her, making her avert her gaze.

"what do we do now?" the other girl, kiri, questioned.

"i gotta call this in." lo'ak replied, much to spiders protest. the na'vi boy pressed a button on his neck radio, telling whoever was on the other line they were bringing someone new in.

"can we go now? we're always home by eclipse." tuk asked as she rubbed her eyes, clearly getting tired from the adventure.

"we're going, tuk tuk." kiri replied to the little girl, holding her smaller hand in hers.

lo'ak kept a firm grip on talia's arm as they walked further from her human body and closer to the village.

"bro, you don't have to hold her. it's not like she'd run, she's not even fast." spider said to lo'ak, who both laughed. she rolled her eyes at this, but the boy still didn't release his grip.

finally reaching the village, talia started to truly get nervous. she knew she wasn't going to be accepted and she just wanted to go back, it was a terrible idea coming out here.

walking through the village, the entire clan whispered about the new girl. it seemed the person they needed to see was on the furthest part of the camp. lucky me, she thought.

"don't be nervous, talia. jake is nice." spider tried to ease the girls nerves, which did nothing. his words went in one ear and out the other.

they reached one of the last tents, it being the largest of them all. lo'ak pushed her inside, followed by the rest of the group.

once inside, she saw three more na'vi. an adult man, adult woman, and younger male. they stood immediately at her arrival.

the woman immediately was on guard. she hissed, "who is this?"

the older male pressed a hand to the woman's shoulder, telling her to stand down. "who are you?" he asked.

she gulped. "um, i'm talia." now free from lo'ak's grasp, she fidgeted with the tail that curled to her frontside.

seeing how nervous the girl was in front of him, the oldest male excused everyone else so that it was just them two.

"sit," he pointed to a chair-like object opposite him, "i'm jake. tell me about yourself, talia."

she nodded, glad that it was just him now that she had to talk to. the woman earlier scared her.

"well, i'm an avatar. my mom was friends with grace augustine when she was still- yeah." she reluctantly admitted truthfully, seeing no reason to lie to the man.

his eyes widened in surprise. "really? they still make avatars?"

she shook her head. "no. it was awhile ago. i'm the last one, i guess."

jake nodded solemnly, now understanding her background. "why do you come here?"

"to be honest, it gets lonely out there. and spider said the people were nice here." she spoke softly, scared to say the wrong thing and spook the man.

"i see. i apologize for my wife's behavior, she's exhausted and seeing new people takes a toll on her." jake recalled neytiri's attitude when talia first arrived.

"it's okay, i understand. i'm a stranger here." talia shrugged, waiting for him to dismiss and exile her.

"well, any friend of grace is a friend of mine. you're welcome here anytime, kiddo." jake pat the girls shoulder, making her smile.

"thank you, mr. jake." she was grateful that she had another place to go to and explore. she was welcomed.

"please, just call me jake. why don't my kids show you around?" he offered. talia hesitated, not sure if she'd had enough exploring for the day.

"i promise, they'll be on they're best behavior. and spider will be there as well." jake reassured, this making the girl agree to the offer.

jake jumped up from his spot, "excellent, i'll inform them and send them to you. wait here."

talia waited a few minutes after jake had left. at least spider would be there, even if she wanted to kick him upside the head some days.

after several more minutes, the group of na'vi kids walked back in the tent.

"talia!" tuk exclaimed and gave the older girl a hug. she returned it of course.

looking over she saw all familiar faces except for one.

"hey. i'm neteyam." the boy introduced himself.

"talia." was all she replied, hoping her staring wasn't too obvious. was it a requirement to be hot to be Na'vi? she wondered.

"do we have to do this?" lo'ak groaned, "i was going to go flying."

"yes, you skxawng. dad said so." neteyam replied, smacking his brother on the head.

"let's go already, bro. we're wasting time." spider said as he motioned for talia to follow. the group walked outside the tent and noticed how dark it was getting, it nearing eclipse.

"we can't be gone too long, we need to be back soon." kiri mentioned and the brothers seemed to agree.

"right. okay tuk, go find mom. it's too late for you to come." neteyam told the little girl. she put up a fight, wanting to join, but ultimately she stomped off to find her mom.

"ready?" spider asked the girl.

as I'll ever be, she thought.