✩ three

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

𝐇𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐅𝐔𝐋

talia had to admit, she felt like she'd been missing out all of these years by hiding in the shack. the forest was beautiful beyond imagination as it came to life right before the girls very eyes.

her eyes viewed the stretching landscape in all its glory. the nightlife coming alive, such as the fan lizards that norm had her study on. she walked up to the group of them and lightly touched them, watching their fans wind up and hoist them in the air. the slight buzzing noise was enlightening as she stood with them flying over her head.

then the funny-looking plant with tendrils sticking out caught her attention. she saw them swaying and decided to put her hand in, feeling the squishy yet soft tendrils collapse on her fingers. talia giggled at the feeling, almost as if the forest was welcoming her and shaking her hand.

she smiled and stared at everything else in awe, looking through an avatar's eyes was much different from a human perspective. before, it felt like someone else's home. like she was some invader who didn't belong. but now, it felt like she could see herself living here. truly living.

neteyam noticed her awestruck look and decided to get to know the pretty girl a little better.

"hey. how are you, talia?" he slowed down to walk side by side with the girl, his hair swaying back and forth from his movements.

she couldn't get rid of the smile on her face. "i'm great." the boy felt her infectious positivity and smiled with her. something about her made him curious, piquing his interest.

"so you're an avatar?" he couldn't help but ask. she turned to him again, her smile faltering.

"yeah." it made her sad for some reason, not being a true na'vi.

"my dad was once an avatar. during the first war against the sky people." neteyam replied to make the girl feel better, sensing the topic to be a little sensitive.

she watched him tell stories of his father during his younger years. how he was a sky person, became na'vi and toruk makto and eventually leading the clans to victory.

talia let every word sink in, hanging on to everything neteyam said. "wow, that's incredible. you're lucky to have him as a dad." she gushed.

he shrugged. "sometimes he forgets he's a dad and not some military captain."

talia went to place a supportive hand on his arm, but quickly changed her mind. probably too soon. "he probably just wants to keep his family safe."

neteyam sighed. "he does. but he should also make us feel like a family."

the girl suddenly felt very sorry for the boy, he clearly had some deeper issues that she wasn't ready to handle right now.

"i'm sorry, i didn't mean to pour all of this on you. it's your first night here and I'm making you depressed." he joked but talia just shook her head.

"it's okay, really. uh, shouldn't we be getting back soon?" she changed the subject, realizing how dark it got.

"shit, yeah. lo'ak!" neteyam yelled, "get your skxawng ass back here. we gotta go!"

hearing the boy swear did something to talia. she knew it shouldn't have, but his tone of authority made her shiver. she really needed to learn to control herself if she was going to be friends with him.

noticing the girls gaze on him, neteyam smirked. he was used to girls attention on him being the son of toruk makto, but hers felt different. he almost craved it, but he shook off the feeling. surely it was too soon to feel things like that for someone.

the group returned back to the village after showing talia the area surrounding camp. the girl quickly fell head over heels in love with the life on the planet, realizing she had indeed waited too long to do this.

jake waited outside his tent for the kids to return. seeing them, he greeted the group. "talia, i hope your first tour was enjoyable."

"it was, thank you." she politely replied.

"and of course, your avatar body is welcome to stay here. spider plans on sleeping here so I don't see why you shouldn't. there's an extra room just over there," he pointed at a nearby tent, "goodnight."

and with that, jake went back into his tent to go to bed with his wife.

"i'll show you where to go." neteyam offered to talia, but spider jumped in. "it's okay, bro. I'll do it."

neteyam nodded but was surprised by the feeling of disappointment he got. sure, he enjoyed the girls company, but wasn't sure why he was so interested in her.

spider walked with talia to the tent. "i bunk here too, so i hope you don't mind."

"well i'll be back to my other body once i close my eyes, so no, i won't mind." she sighed. she didn't want to return back into her human form. it was much for fun being blue.

"right, i forgot," spider laughed and showed talia her bed, "well, i'll see you when you wake back up?"

she smiled. "yep, see you then." at last, she closed her eyes and felt the transfer back to her other self.

opening her capsule, she began to dread being back. wow had she not noticed how boring life was as a human? why had she waited so long to go to the omaticaya camp?

she went to bed feeling regretful of the last few years, but hopeful of the oncoming ones.