✩ seventeen

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐇

talia was dreading waking up in her avatar body, worried that she would be the talk of the clan and it would make its way to jake and neytiri— the ones who took her in graciously.

if it did, she didn't know if she could handle them potentially banishing her for such reckless behavior. although she firmly stood by her actions, she knew fighting wasn't good for her reputation or becoming part of the clan. and it's not like this was something she usually did, her fighting someone was very out of character. but she doesn't let people walk all over her or the people she loves.

ignoring the questioning glances she received from some of the scientists- including norm, talia went to her capsule pod to return to her avatar state.

the estrangement she felt with her human self was a feeling that grew each day. every time her yellow eyes closed and her dark brown ones opened, she yearned to return already. it was as if her life solely revolved around being with the na'vi people, not stuck in the shack.

though her mind cringed thinking about the party last night, she happily switched her transfer back to her avatar body— her real self.

opening her eyes, she heard the distant chatter and commotion of the lively clan outside her tent. she stifled a yawn, rubbing her eyes awake and stretched her lean limbs. making sure she was decent, talia sauntered beyond the flaps of her home.

she saw the sully's, happily eating their breakfast as a family. she felt a twinge of a longing ache, knowing she never had that growing up. but it was quickly replaced with hope, that if she passed her rite of passage she would have a family of her own one day.

talia decided to let them have their family time, since it seemed rare these days especially because of her presence. instead, she made her way to the communal breakfast shared between clan members. she picked up a small wooden bowl and dished some fruit and seeds inside, planning to eat in private in the forest.

before she could make her escape, talia heard someone clear their throat next to her. her stomach dropped in fear of it being an elder fixing to scold her for something, or even more likely— someone to confront her about last nights events.

but it wasn't anyone she would've thought it to be; it was tsavo. he let a small smile slip through at her, "uh, morning," he said as he stood by awkwardly.

talia felt her ears pin back as she scrunched her brows at him, "what do you want?" she wasn't in the mood for dealing with someone like him, his remarks really put her off yesterday.

tsavo sucked in a sharp breath, "yeah, okay. i deserved that. i just- can we talk?" talia scoffed with disbelief, "why? wanna tell me how bad lo'ak is for me again?"