✩ eight

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

𝐊𝐄𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐔𝐏

after breakfast, talia was to start training with neteyam. they would be working on her form to hunt and he would teach her about the wildlife in the forest.

she followed him out past the village into the tree line, trying to keep up with his experienced footsteps but tripping every now and then.

finally, neteyam found a clearing where horse-like animals gathered. he turned to talia, who caught up with an exhausted breath.

"you didn't tell me how far we were going." she huffed and tried catching her breath, not used to the strenuous treks.

"oh cmon, it wasn't that bad," he raised a brow, "anyway, these are pa'li. you may make the bond then mount her."

neteyam called for one of the direhorse, bringing it closer to talia. he motioned for her to make the bond as he asked, but she stared back with a blank expression.

"talia, this is where you make tsaheylu." he held up the pa'li queue.

she suddenly felt very embarrassed, never having 'made a bond' before. she was still very new to this body despite having it for years, the na'vi culture was still unknown to her.

neteyam brushed his hand over the girls shoulder, grabbing her braid for her. he held up the end of her queue so the pink tendrils showed, "this is how you make bonds, you will feel a deeper connection through it. with pa'li, you will feel things like her strong legs and heartbeat."

talia nodded, she seemed to grasp the basic understanding now. she let neteyam help her up on the horse, his hand keeping hold of her thigh to ensure she stayed on.

talia carefully brought her braid around her shoulder again, grabbing the end just as neteyam showed her. she connected her queue with pa'li and felt the bond just as described. everything down to the horses breathing could be felt within her.

it was amazing.

neteyam let go now and took a step back, "you may instruct her on what to do- in here," he pointed to his head, "think, forward."

talia did as so, thinking of the horse running forward. mistake number one- wanting the pa'li to run.

the pa'li took off in a sprint, knocking talia off after a few gallops. she shrieked as she flew off to the ground, landing on her back with a thud. she groaned as her ears pinned back with embarrassment, especially hearing neteyam chuckling behind her.

"that is alright, talia. lo'ak couldn't ride pa'li for a few months because he couldn't stay on. it takes time." he reassured her as she stood up, his laughter ceasing.

talia tried a few more times, having gotten the hang of riding after an hour-ish. "woo! i did it, teyam!" she squealed as pa'li galloped beneath her, the horse now comfortable with its rider as well.