✩ twenty eight

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

READY

it had been an entire week since the incident. since talia died then came back as a full time avatar, since tsavo and ixana were killed, and since the scientists were buried and laid to rest. it had been tough and depressing time for some people, but mostly taken as a new chapter for others.

jake actually found out that ixana's parents were also behind her devious plan, trying to get their daughter into the hierarchy of the clan by mating with lo'ak and they worked with tsavo to get talia out of the picture. needless to say, the parents were immediately exiled from the clan. it was a major spectacle since no clan member had been banished in the last hundred years.

talia didn't attend the banishment, not wanting to look at the people who wished her harm. it gave her slight satisfaction that there was consequences to their actions, but she'd rather just move on and forget everything ever happened in the first place. after paying her respects to the scientists, she blocked out the memories from the traumatizing events.

and her two boyfriends have been making sure to help with that. neteyam and lo'ak were determined to never let her out of their sights and they took it literally. the only time she was left alone was using the bathroom, which was starting to drive talia crazy. she insisted that she was fine, her current body was physically in perfect condition and didn't need to be treated as a delicate doll. but the brothers didn't care.

so for almost the entirety of the week, talia allowed them to cater to her needs as they pleased. she knew they didn't care, in fact they preferred to be doing so. eventually after the seven or so days, jake and neytiri spoke and decided to toss out the option again of uniltaron to let her gain her freedom and acceptance within the clan.

of course talia agreed, excited to be back on track with becoming part of the people. neteyam and lo'ak begged her to reconsider and rest for awhile longer, but she shut them down. telling them it was her time and she was ready, so they backed off and let talia prepare once again.

it was currently the morning of the rite of passage and talia was experiencing the same nerves that she held the day she tamed her ikran, sevin. perhaps she needed a flight to calm these ever-growing nerves, so that's what she did. she stalked out into the forest before anyone could pull her away, calling for sevin.

only after a few seconds, the unmistakable sounds of a beast such as a banshee were heard. sevin landed on a branch not too far away, letting talia climb to her the several feet in the air. remembering to bring food, the girl tossed her ikran some meat before flying. then she pet her neck, feeling the strong muscles twinge under her fingers.