✩ sixteen

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐘

it was past eclipse that same day, talia was getting ready for the big party with kiri. she was anxious to go to her first na'vi party, but kiri explained that it wasn't anything too special.

"everyone gets wasted, people dance, then no one remembers anything the next day. i only go for the snacks." she spilled to the avatar girl, who was hanging on to every word.

talia hummed, "do i look okay?" she brought kiri's attention to herself and did a little twirl in her new clothing set. the younger girl grinned, "very pretty- my brothers won't know what to do with themselves."

the older girl matched her grin, "thank you, kiri. you look very pretty, too!" she eyed her many pieces of jewelry that pulled the outfit together.

kiri blushed at the compliment, "okay, we'd better go before we miss anything." she linked arms with talia and they walked out of her tent. jake and neytiri were under the impression they were having a 'girls sleepover' so only the boys needed to be careful sneaking out.

the party was located outside of the village, near a small lake and bonfire site. arriving, the girls had noticed everything was in full swing. no one paid them any mind as they made their way to the drinks, almost all the teenagers were buzzed or drunk already.

kiri helped herself to the promised food, even taking a small cup of swoa— the intoxicating beverage. "take only a little, it's very strong." she reminded talia who did as told, taking as much as kiri had.

they walked together trying to find familiar faces, landing on a few; neteyam, lo'ak and spider. talia felt her feet pick up their pace towards them, the older brother noticing her first.

"talia!" he grinned, his voice louder than usual, which made the girls eyes widen- was he drunk already? as she got closer, she could smell the alcohol off him. "neteyam, you're drunk." she stated rather than questioned.

he shrugged, "s' a party." talia held his side as his body waivered, trying to avoid him falling and causing a scene. "maybe you should lie down, ma teyam." she suggested.

neteyam turned to face her, grabbing her face and squished her cheeks together. he then kissed her on the lips, catching her by surprise. "you look-" midway his sentence he let out a belch, "beautiful."

talia was not prepared to deal with a drunk neteyam, and before she could respond to him lo'ak caught her eye. "don't tell me you're drunk, too." he shook his head, "so much for him claiming he didn't drink, now i'm stuck babysitting his ass."

lo'ak went up to talia and stood by her side, helping to keep neteyam up as well. the older brother began drifting in and out of a sleep, his eyes fighting to stay open.