✩ twenty five

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

TOO LATE

neteyam, lo'ak and spider were walking back to the sully family tent after the human boy apologized for acting so brash, which both brothers accepted his words and forgave him. they knew he was only acting on behalf of the girl he viewed as a sister so he wasn't entirely out of pocket.

anyway, upon nearing the tent they heard heart wrenching cries coming from the inside. they looked to each other puzzled before picking up their pace and heading inside, where they found talia curled up into neytiri.

the brothers instantly ran to their side while asking what was wrong, never having seen the avatar girl cry like this before.

neytiri shook her head, "something happened, i don't know. your father went to handle it." then she resumed her soothing techniques.

knowing there were more people in the tent, talia quieted her saddening cries, trying to contain her emotions now. she wiped the the tears from her face roughly but neteyam caught her hands, "you'll hurt your eyes if you do that," he said before gently wiping the tears himself, "there, all gone."

talia only stared back into his eyes as he looked to her with sympathy, then she removed her arms from the mother and wrapped them around neteyam.

neytiri sighed as she was still left in the dark about what happened, but grew suspicious after seeing the guilty look on her youngest sons face so she knew to ask him.

"lo'ak, come with me." she instructed him quickly without room to argue, he then followed her footsteps into another room. he kept his head low, unable to look anyone in the eye. lo'ak currently has no idea about tsavo at this point, so he assumes talia was crying because of him and ixana.

with his mother glaring daggers into the side of his face, he finally looked up to her. she spoke with a hushed tone, "do you know what happened?"

lo'ak shrugged but his mother squinted her eyes at him, "if you know something, you better say it. i will not waste my time."

sighing, he replied, "i didn't think she'd be that upset, but i guess she saw me and ixana together then things escalated and she and spider stormed off."

"what are you doing with that girl anyway? i know my son and you do not hold the feelings for her that you do for talia." neytiri pressed for more questions, a slight crease in her forehead from the stress.

lo'ak rubbed his face with his hands, feeling them get sweaty from his nerves. he wasn't sure if he should say anything, but once again his mother was giving him a pointed look and her recent words came to mind. "fine, fine. you're right.. ixana is threatening to hurt talia if i don't date her instead, and she knows where her human body is so i'm scared she will do something."