"Yes, just me."

"Are you buying, selling, or crafting? Please show me your Hunter's License."

I handed her my ID.

"I-uh I guess I'll be crafting. I'd like to see a blacksmith if that's possible."

She nodded and gave me back my ID.

"Alright, follow me."

She motioned for me to follow her inside. Once we entered the store she spoke to a man wearing an identical suit to her own.

"I need a blacksmith for a D Class Hunter."

The man nodded and looked me in the eyes.

"Please come with me, sir."

I followed him to the back of the room and we went through a red curtain on the wall with a sign above it reading "VIP" in black letters and a gold frame.

"Please enter the third room on your left. Your blacksmith is ready for you."

I opened the door after walking down the empty hallway.

A short bald man sat at the end of a long brown table in a well-lit room with black walls.

"Welcome, welcome! The name's Frederik. What can I do for you today?"

"Nice to meet you. I'm Jay. I'd like to have a sword made."

I took the Minotaur horn out of my item box and set it down on the table. The bald man's eyes lit up and he started examining the item.

"This is no ordinary item. You're looking to make yourself a one-of-a-kind C Class weapon today aren't you?"

"Well, yes. I was hoping you could craft something worth my while."

He continued examining the item and began writing a few things down on a notepad, then looked up at me.

"You know, we may get some C-grade element stones after this surge is over. It would be a shame to craft such a fine piece of material without bringing out its full potential."

I looked at him in confusion.

"Element stones? What are those?"

"Sometimes rare drops trickle down into the public market from higher-ranking dungeons. The only dungeon I know of that produces element stones in the Vice region is the C Class Advanced Ogre dungeon. The only other possible place would be the Labyrinth, and no one is crazy enough to go in there these days."

I nodded and let him babble on. This is the type of guy that just loves the sound of his own voice. He's a talker.

"Every once in a while we get a shipment of element stones sent in from the Hunters Association on special order. I've seen a few dozen of them come through here in the last couple of years. They are definitely becoming a bit less rare with the recent surges, but still pretty hard to get your hands on."

"Okay.. that's nice, but what are they?"

"They're stones that give off the energy of a certain element. If you defeat a very strong magic user there's a small chance they'll drop a stone that correlates with the type of magic they possessed. It will give off massive amounts of magic energy and slowly dissipate into the air  unless stored correctly or fused with another magic item that can contain it. I've seen a few water, fire, and earth stones in my day. Those are the most common in my personal experience."

I raised an eyebrow, If that's what he's describing... I have an element stone... A fire stone to be exact.

"Uhh say I brought in an element stone. Could you fuse it with this horn to make me a sword?"