"I'll get a new one." I said against her skin and kissed her cheek when she whined.

"Fine, fine." I grumbled and let her do her thing, still holding her though as she made, whatever it was she was making.

"What are you making?" I asked, peering into a pan when she smiled widely at me.

"Chicken corn soup and marinara pasta." She said when I hummed in response.

"Why are you cooking? You could've ordered something or called the cook." I said as I leaned against the counter, crossing my arms over my chest and watched as she shrugged.

"I wanted to do something myself, Adam. I wanted to take care of you myself." She said with a slight blush, my heart tugging at her words.

"Thank you my love. You don't how much it means to me that you're doing this. And for me." I said and pulled her close to me when she smiled, taking my breath away with how beautiful she was.

How lucky am I to have her.

"I want to. And I always will." She said with a smile playing on her lips and I couldn't help one from forming on my face too.

I connected my lips with hers, kissing her slowly, pouring out all the love I had for her through it.

"I love you." I whispered against her lips, kissing her a few more times when she smiled, pushing me away so she could finish cooking.

"Just a few more minutes and then I'll be done." She said as she put the lid on one of the pans and took out a bowl, putting soup in it and putting it on the island.

"Come on, drink up. You haven't eaten anything properly for god knows how long." She said sternly and I complied, my heart soaring at how much she cared for me. 

All I did was stare at her pretty face until she turned around, frowning when she saw the untouched soup and clicked her tongue.

"Why aren't you drinking it?" She asked walking over to me when I shrugged, leaning back in my seat when she stirred the soup with the soup before filling it, she blew on it to cool it down and brought it to my lips.

"Come on, drink up." She said and I did as she asked, watching her satisfied smile as she continued to feed me.

"Feeling better?" She asked after I had finished the bowl and I nodded.

"Much. Thank you for taking care of me my love." I said and kissed her forehead, my arms wrapping around her waist and hers around my neck as she hugged me, her sweet rosy scent calming me down instantly.

"It's no problem." She said and kissed my cheeks while we just held each other for a few minutes before she pulled away just as her phone rang.

She looked at the screen briefly, her eyes lighting up, causing my brows to furrow at who made her so happy.

Who the fuck is calling her?

"Hello?" She answered the phone, snapping me out of my thoughts as I looked at her face to tell me who it was.

"Um, yeah he's right here, why? Oh, I'll ask him." She said and put her phone away from her ear and looked at me questioningly.

"Lance is asking why you're not picking up." She asked and I breathed a sigh of relief knowing it was just her brother who was calling her.

"What?" I asked when she snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"My phone? Uh..." I racked my brain trying to remember where I'd put it when realization struck me that it was currently in my office. On the floor. Smashed against the wall.