♡➹ twenty ♡➹

Kai wasn't really a competitive person. As long as he got the work done, it didn't matter how long it took him or how many people helped him to get it done. 

But only when it came to Beomgyu, did his blood boil. 

This was supposed to be his trump card. His one chance at getting a head start from Beomgyu. Kai knew that Soobin was a bad drunk; hence by getting Soobin drunk, he could use this opportunity to get close to Soobin and make at least some progress in their mission. 

Beomgyu looked at Kai for a second as he sat beside Taehyun, opposite Yeonjun. He merely rolled his eyes at Kai and then looked back at Yeonjun. 

Soobin also noticed the entry of the three guys. He frowned. Why was Yeonjun here? 

Soobin shook his head. There was no way Yeonjun was here because Soobin was here. Yeonjun loved to toy with people but from what Soobin's heard, once Yeonjun says he's done, he means he's done and dusted for real. There was no going back. 

Which was of course a good thing for Soobin. The eternal harassment had stopped but like, for the past week, Yeonjun had been bugging him so it did feel a bit weird to have Yeonjun in the same room as him but not do anything. 

"Oh, your friend is here," said Soobin, peeling his eyes away from Yeonjun. 

"I told you he's not my friend," said Kai, sounding annoyed for some reason. 

Soobin awkwardly smiled. "Oh, right. My bad. It's just that I always saw you both together so I just assumed you both were good friends."

"Well, you and Yeonjun-sunbae were also seen together most of the time, does that mean you both were good friends?"

Soobin gaped at Kai. What a valid point but he didn't expect it to be phrased so rudely. 

Kai immediately gasped and bowed his head. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to say it like that."

Kai immediately took a shot cup, poured some soju in his cup and Soobin's cup, and looked away, drinking it in one shot. "It's just that, Beomgyu is like that kid your parent forced you to get along with. Or maybe I'm that kind of kid with Beomgyu. I don't know. All I know is that it's not like I don't want to get along with him but he just has this huge ass ego problem and thinks he knows it all."

Soobin also took a shot of what Kai poured for him."It's alright. I think all these law students just have a big ugly ego. I just want to take that ego, crumple it up and shove it up Yeonjun's ass."

Kai took a shot. "Literally, fck Beomgyu. Who does he even think he is? I am one of the most patient people out there but he has the knack of even pissing me off."

Soobin took a shot. The crowd at their table was loud and bustling with laughter. "Same? Like damn, you must have one heck of a talent, managing to piss me off. The audacity of that man to toy with me as much as he wished and then say 'i'm done with you, goodbye'. No, fck your goodbye. I want you to kneel down and apologize to me."

Kai took a shot, emptying the bottle. He looked over to a waiter and asked for one more bottle. "Pfft, they're big macho men with big fat egos. Do you think they would apologize? Fcking egoistic bitches, like who the fck do they think they are?"

Soobin's 9th shot. "Just because you look hot and 100% my type, doesn't mean you can take advantage of me. Blackmailing me for being closeted? Bitch, that's my wish. Bet he has a small dick."

The both of them downed shot after shot, blabbering, having no understanding of what they were saying. 

The drinks were making them happy and light-hearted. So who the fck cared about the consequences?

--------------------------------------------------------

Beomgyu could see it. From the side of his eye, he could definitely see it. From his information, alcohol affected both humans and amatorians, and judging from the way Kai was downing that drink, Beomgyu couldn't help but fear Kai will go somewhere wrong. 

Should Beomgyu help Kai? Beomgyu shook his head. He had his share of work to do. He turned his attention back onto Taehyun and Yeonjun. 

Beomgyu sighed in the back of his mind. Oh dear lord, how much effort did it take for him to get here? For him to finally make Yeonjun and Taehyun interact in a standard space (that did not involve kissing each other out of the blue) 

Beomgyu had to take drastic steps in order to get here. It was no easy task. 

He had to feed Taehyun a big fat lie. 

The lie possibly including Beomgyu being hopelessly in love with Yeonjun. 

Originally, Beomgyu had intended to tell Taehyun that Kai was the one who was hopelessly in love with Yeonjun. But now that both of them were working separately, there was no way Beomgyu could use the help of Kai in this. So although it greatly hurt his pride and ego to use this cheap trick, he told Taehyun that he liked Yeonjun and wanted Taehyun's help to him get together with Yeonjun. 

Of course, there's no way Taehyun agreed to this in the first place so Beomgyu had no choice but to do a bit of manipulation (just a teeny weeny bit). Come on, he was an Amatorian, there was a reason he was given these powers and those were for using. So Kai could preach about not wanting to brainwash humans at all but Beomgyu was going to do whatever it took to get this job done. There was a reason why Beomgyu had more successful missiosn than Kai did. If Kai was fixated on the ideology that humans can fall in love on their own, so be it. Beomgyu didn't believe so and hence he saw no reason to not use any of his powers. 

And so, using these powers, Beomgyu could also make sure that Yeonjun wouldn't fall in love with him. As such, Beomgyu didn't need any interaction with Yeonjun. He just needed Taehyun to get close to Yeonjun, occasionally ask Taehyun about Yeonjun causing Taehyun to think about Yeonjun and voila, all Beomgyu had to do was read Taehyun's mind and figure out what was going on with Yeonjun and then...and then get Soobin to fit into Yeonjun's mindset in order to fall in love. 

"Right, I think it's time for a formal introduction," said Taehyun. "Yeonjun, this is our hoobae, Beom--"

"NEARRRRRR~~~FARRRR~~~WHEREEEEEEEEEEEEEVER YOU ARRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEE, I BELIEEEEEEEEEEEEEVEEEEE THAAAAAAAAT THE HEART WILL GO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON~" yelled an awfully familiar voice. 

Yeonjun, Taehyun, and Beomgyu, immediately turned to look at Kai's table, where Soobin was standing and singing in the most ear-bleeding voice possible. Kai was also sitting at the table, clapping enthusiastically at Soobin as if he was performing at the Grammy's.

Taehyun clocked his head. "Isn't that Soobin and uh, your friend, uhh what's his name? Kai?"

Beomgyu merely nodded. Everyone in the restaurant was staring at Soobin and Kai and Beomgyu could feel himself going red with second-hand embarrassment. 

Beomgyu got up from his seat. "I'll go check on them."

Yeonjun got up and gave Beomgyu a smile. "I'll come with you. I don't think you can handle both of them."

Beomgyu took a glance at Taehyun, who was sitting there with the blankest expression ever. But something about that bothered him. Usually, he wouldn't bother. But...

Beomgyu decided to tap into Taehyun's mind once. 

Of course, I get left behind as usual. 

Beomgyu blinked. This information was unwanted. He could just ignore it and walk away if he wanted to. That's all he had to. This information had zero utility for his mission. 

"Kai can be a pain in the ass to handle. So i think I'll need your help," said Beomgyu, stretching his hand to Taehyun. 

Beomgyu swore he saw a slight smile on Taehyun's face before he took his hand. 

And that smile made Beomgyu inexplicably happy. 

-------------------------------------------- 

WOHOO an update and how'd you like it?

Keep reading, commenting and voting 

Love, 

pixiedust ^^