➹♡ six ➹♡

kai looked at beomgyu, incredulous. what did he just do? he literally just gave them away.

"hyung, what was that?" asked kai.

"calm down. i'll just erase that part from his memory. he won't even remember seeing them. i don't know why you're shitting your pants over this."

beomgyu snapped his fingers, procuring a white color tablet. kai's eyes widened.

"hmm, lemme see. choi soobin's memory logs should be somewhere here. oh! here we are. let me just delete it." said beomgyu, about to press on it when kai grabbed his hand.

beomgyu glared at kai. "what the hell do you think you're doing?"

kai blinked and immediately left beomgyu's hand. "it's just...i don't think you should delete his memory like that. it's not right to just alter human's memories like that."

beomgyu rolled his eyes. "and why is that so?"

"humans don't have a strong memory like ours. they don't remember everything and forget things quickly. hence, whether it causes them pain or happiness, humans try to remember everything. except in some cases...but what i'm trying to say is, i don't think it's right for us to meddle with their and memories whatever conveniences us."

"are you done with your morals lesson? now, listen to me. this is why you're shit at your job. we're coming here to pair the soulmates with each other. whether or not, they are enemies or besties, it's our job. and if it includes deleting someone's memory, we have no choice but to do not. also, don't you think we want our target to focus more on yeonjun than us, random freshmen who knew his name?"

kai opened his mouth to say something but closed it, unable to refute. his belief was that people should fall in love naturally, not force each other to fall in love or create circumstances that would make each other fall in love. that's why kai never used his powers in missions.

...well, that's clearly why he's always failed.

noticing kai's silence, beomgyu smirked. "got it? now, let's get moving. it's a time mission, so we need to get going."

-----------------------------------

kai and beomgyu stood outside the hall of the orientation program. kai had absolutely no idea why they were outside the orientation program and not inside but he didn't bother questioning the said man.

soon, the door opened and a bunch of students walked outside. beomgyu looked at the students, scanning all of them.

his eyes locked on a certain person. snapping his fingers yet again, beomgyu imprinted the person's face into the tablet and searched up information on the person.

name : kang taehyun

age : 20

major : law

soulmate : grey-b

the corner of beomgyu's lips lifted up into a smile. his instincts were never wrong. this person was indeed a grey. perfect.

kai peeped into beomgyu's tablet and frowned. kang taehyun? who was that? also what did beomgyu have to do with a grey?

grey-B. a rare kind of person in the human world. only about 8% of the human population were grey-B. they were people who wouldn't have a soulmate for the entirety of their life.

there were actually two kinds of greys. grey-b and grey-a. grey b's were the greys that were destined to live without a soulmate the moment they were born. and grey a's were the ones who's cupids had failed their mission.