➹♡ one ♡➹

"again?" a harsh voice called out and looked at the boy in front of him, who had his head hung down in guilt. the authoritative voice sighed and then softened his gaze in front of the little boy, who always messed up.

"i-i'm sorry," he spoke in a wavering voice, making the other man pity him, and doubt the genuineness of his apology.

this was huening kai, who happened to live in amoretto. he was an amatorian, a resident of amoretto. the amatorians worked in a similar way to cupids, yes cupid, who brought love to other people. who made love really worth it, and got the people who were meant for each other. mind you, it is already a tedious job, getting humans to trust to talk to you, figure out what's stopping them from being with their partner, getting rid of the problem, and boom! you have a perfect couple.

but as always, it isn't as easy as it seems. most cupids have difficulty talking to humans, or understanding their problems. huening kai would agree; humans had complex brains and liked to overcomplicate and overthink about everything. but in his case, none of those were his problems.

huening kai's problem was well, unique and...repetitive. the naïve, poor boy always fell for one of the people which he had to get together. the pure boy thinks that the world out there is all rainbows and butterflies, but unfortunately, that isn't the case at all. especially when you're part of the amatorians.

amatorians are meant to bring love to humans, not fall in love with them. and huening kai made that mistake. every time. and now once again, kai had taken a sort of liking towards one of the girls he had to bring to her partner. he pitied himself too, as he looked up at his head apologetically.

"does she have any memories of you?" he asked, doubting if kai erased her memories. no one would want their love interest to forget them. but as always, kai erased their memories and was left hurt. over and over again.

"n-no. i erased them." huening kai spoke truthfully, recalling the process. it made his heart hurt, and ache painfully. he wanted to quit this all and lead a peaceful life, in which he was allowed to love whoever he wanted too, and not be restricted.

humans were terrible, he'd agree. but huening had a history of dealing with the nicest of the nice ones, which made him instantly be charmed by their positive nature. he sighed loudly. love was painful, but he'd never give up on it.

"get yourself together, huening kai." the man cleared his throat and spoke, feeling somewhat bad for the boy as well. "shinye has a boyfriend now, and they're together forever, okay? you don't play a role in her life anymore."

"i k-know." he wanted to break down because it hurt, and he was sad. but like every time, no one ever understood the pain huening felt, and always told him that he was incompetent. he wasn't given any time to heal, to get over his heartbreak, instead he was always sent off for another mission, only to fail it again.

"go now." he said, making huening kai feel helpless. "you're dismissed."

huening kai nodded meekly, and bowed down, preparing to leave the room. just then he heard some people say a few things behind him.

"poor kid, i don't blame him at all. it's all his parents' fault. only if they hadn't decided to move to the human world..."

"yeah, the kid is turning out to be a disgrace too, just like both of them."

huening kai tried his best not to look in the direction of the people speaking and fled the room as soon as he could. he just couldn't bring himself to accept the fact that he kept messing up. he promised himself that he wouldn't look at any human in a romantic way, but ended up doing so anyway.