➹♡ five ♡➹

no,no,no. soobin's mind goes, oh lord, why me?

seeing the smirk on yeonjun's face is like a switch that flipped in his brain, and the events of the previous day came back to soobin. how he and yeonjun ended up on the same person in the bar, how he kept calling soobin a twink even though he had a name...and oh oh how soobin had indirectly told yeonjun that he was gay.

yeonjun leaned against the wall and clicked his tongue pitifully. "what did you tell me, hm?" his voice was so teasing, almost seducing. soobin looked at the man in front of him, and then looked away.

" 'we wouldn't meet again' 'you are choi yeonjun, i am choi soobin' blah blah blah?" yeonjun mocked him, and soobin was slightly taken aback. how the hell did he remember his words so clearly? wasn't he drunk?

"well." yeonjun continued, when soobin didn't speak. "i managed to have bumped into a twink like you. now what, hm?"

in all honesty, yeonjun didn't just 'bump into soobin'.

he remembered.

everything that soobin had said the previous night, was fresh in yeonjun's mind. the older even made an extra effort to get up early in the morning and search for a particular gay man named choi soobin. why?

soobin had told him that they'd never meet, considering their differences. and he wanted to prove him wrong. or maybe just find another reason to pick up a petty fight with him. he doesn't know. all he knows now is that soobin perfectly played right into his hands.

"what do you mean by, now what?" soobin asked, and looked straight into yeonjun's eyes. how annoying.

"the stranger remembers your secret~" yeonjun said in a sing-song voice, making soobin roll his eyes. "and many more things about you. mass media, your friends are-"

soobin slapped his hand on yeonjun's mouth. "i know you have an annoying reputation, but you don't need to keep it up, gosh."

"soobin is ga-" yeonjun began to shout, and then soobin covered his mouth again. how hard was it for yeonjun to be a normal person and just forget soobin's existence?

"shut up!" soobin dragged him to the other side of the corridor. too many people were on the other side. "what do you think you're doing?"

"i don't know." yeonjun smiled at soobin innocently. "maybe i just can't keep my mouth shut."

"clearly." soobin huffed. he rubbed his temples. maybe he could just get the other guy to shut up, after offering him a favor..?

"look," soobin began. "i don't know what you're going to do knowing the fact that i'm gay. but i just don't want anyone else knowing." he said the last part slowly. "for now."

"so maybe," soobin suggested, "i could do something and then you'd keep shut?"

yeonjun pretended to think about it. "well, for starters, you could've left chan alone yesterday." yeonjun snickered at soobin, causing the taller to stomp his feet in frustration.

"that's in the past! i can't change that now!" soobin argued, and yeonjun chuckled.

"i can't promise anything." he tapped his foot on the ground, his eyes keenly looking at them. he poked his inner cheek with his tongue and then looked up at soobin again. "but, you'll have to do as i say. till whenever i want."

soobin wanted to say no, but he couldn't risk yeonjun shouting out weird stuff again. he looked sideways, thinking of a solution. when he could come up with none, he looked back at yeonjun.

"okay, that's a deal." soobin agreed, which made yeonjun feel satisfied. "but, you have to promise not to be an ass."

"be nicer to me. don't call me an ass." yeonjun's tone changed, and sounded scary. soobin complied as a reflex and then began to walk away.

"i'll see you around, twink."

____________________________________________

daehwi was still speaking on stage, and soobin quickly made his way backstage. he saw some students watching daehwi from the back, and sighed. everything was going well.

but, after his very eventful encounter with yeonjun, soobin seemed to be messing up everything. looking at this black spot on the wall with interest, soobin kept walking forward. until he tripped on a wire, causing one of the lights on the stage to burst a bulb and turn off instantly.

this obviously, disrupted daehwi's flow, and very subtly, as to not show his panic, he looked backstage, signaling for help. then, he faked a chuckle and began to ramble on stage, making the audience confused as well.

i had one fucking job, soobin looked around him, and how everyone was running around trying to figure out what went wrong. great messed this up too.

soobin peeked into the stage, which seemed to be back to normal now, with daehwi taking perfect control of things once again. thank lord.

the other people backstage looked at soobin, waiting for an answer.

the male laughed nervously, and scratched his neck. "i uh, tripped?" he spoke, sounding unsure of himself.

"no shit." someone said, and then huffed in annoyance, making soobin feel guilty.

okay soobin, you got this. no more thinking about yeonjun.

________________________________________________

soobin and daehwi were walking in silence. neither had any idea how to cut through the heavy silence between them.

soobin looked over at daehwi. was he still mad?

the two had made up after soobin messed up things in the middle of daehwi's presentation, but something felt off. it seemed like daehwi was still mad at soobin.

the taller sighed. there was daehwi, and then there was yeonjun, who wouldn't get out of his head. what sort of a guy was he? was he a nice person? or was he going to toy around with soobin? would daehwi know what a person yeonjun was?

to break the awkward silence, soobin began speaking, "hey."

the other boy looked at him, and then replied. "hey."

"we're being awkward." soobin spoke, causing daehwi to chuckle.

"i know. not anymore, though."

"yeah." soobin agreed. "do you know who choi yeonjun is?"

daehwi raised an eyebrow. soobin mentally wanted to kill himself for being so straightforward.

"who doesn't?" he sighed. "he's like the biggest dick out there. he's very very annoying. if someone like you ever talked to him, you'd either lose your shit or end up killing him."

i've lost my shit and wanted to kill him in the span of two hours anyway. soobin thought bitterly.

"why'd you ask?" daehwi questioned.

"i heard some freshmen talk shit about him." soobin lied.

"he deserves it. he's like really good at studies and shit, and all teachers love him? he's like a nice lil innocent hardworking kid in front of the teachers, but everyone knows that all he does is lead on to people and break their hearts and stuff. his longest relationship lasted a month, which he just broke off a few days ago." daehwi explained.

"was the other person fed up of him?" soobin asked curiously. yeonjun seemed like a really mean guy, which scared soobin. what were the favors he was going to make him do?

"no idea, but from what i heard, he went and kissed some other girl in front of his boyfriend. and then pretended like it never happened. he doesn't seem very good with love." daehwi pointed out.

i'm not good with love either, except all that guy does is break hearts. soobin sighed to himself. and all i do is get my heartbroken.

"he's bi?" soobin asked, and daehwi nodded.

"a terrible person, i'd say. it's best to say away from him." daehwi concluded finally.

soobin gulped. maybe he got himself involved with the wrong person.

--------------------------➹♡ berry♡➹---------------------------------------

note : this book will be going on a hiatus until December 11th