“And I wanted to know if you’d go with me?” he bit his lip as he smiled and nodded. He scooted closer to her and placed a kiss on her cheek. That cheek might have tears of his memories in a few months from now.

“Are you alright?” Daniel placed his hand on my shoulder. I wanted to scream yes but I gave it at this one.

“Let’s go” I took him by the arm and we walked out of the park in silence.

“Are you alright?” he asked again but I didn’t reply.

“No.” I vaguely replied.

“Are you jealous?” he asked but I looked at him with a straight face. Nothing even close to jealousy.

“I’m concerned.”

“And?”

“Worried.”

“And?”

“I don’t have anyone to go with to Kourtney’s wedding!” I replied in frustration. Yeah I thought Noah would eventually ask me and we’d go and I’s kind a good looking guy and he’d flirt with one of the bridesmaids and that’s it. Or maybe Stella and both could work out something from the school teams but that seemed out of the question now. I cant just walk up to a guy and ask him to come with me. And as far as I now people think I usually have someone coming with me. For the past year it had been Ethan.

“So?” he casually asked.

“SO? LIKE SO SO? It’s a wedding! You need to have a plus one and forget it!” I replied in frustration and placed walking away but Daniel was able to catch up my speed.

“No way!”

“Why not?”

“Because why should I ask a guy?”

“You’d be the cool person!”

“Says the nerd!” I replied. We had seen Connor buying something at a departmental store. Daniel literally shoved me into him. He looked up and smiled and we started talking. I came out after a while and Daniel thinks I should go with him.

“See I have no problem in asking him but I just don’t want to ask him!”

“Why?” I didn’t know the answer. I didn’t want to go with Connor. I walked on the sidewalks with Daniel laughing at some lame theory he had and what not. I just didn’t know a weekend could change so much or maybe summer. Who knew the nerd could be fun?

Daniel dropped me home and without saying a word I just walked in from the gate. Realizing that’s not what I should do I stopped him.

“Yes?” he turned smiling as I looked at him up and down. Standing there in his dark jeans and red snapback in contrast to his blue eyes I walked towards him.

“Thank you” i finally said after a few seconds.

“For?”

“Making me realize something..” I trailed off.

“What? You really are jealous?” he asked a little disappointed.

“No.”

“Then?”

“A girl can ask a boy”

“So you’ll ask Connor? Great.” He smiled at me.

“No.”

“Then?” he was confused by now so I chuckled and walked closer.

“You’ll know it soon.” it came to him as a shock. I regretted it when he took a few steps back smiling. Daniel was not like other boys to just say yes, he wasn’t even used to being around me, I had started talking to him a few days ago, so maybe it was too soon to ask. I wanted to ask him to come with me but I couldn’t.