Chapter 4

Chapter 4-

How is the story so far? You think it’s different? Feel free to let me know about it. Any suggestions for the cast? J

________________________________________

“Claire.” The teacher greeted me as she came in.

“Ms Sanders” I smiled back at her. Ms Sanders was the best teacher I’ve ever met. She’s an English teacher obviously. She dresses well and understands her students. And I, was one of her favourites. I don’t have be the teachers pet for that, I just had a very good impression on her. God knows how.

“Oh my Daniel, you look really good! Working out?” she winked at him and he blushed. She took a slip of her coffee before speaking.

“I know its sad summers over! I myself had fun…” she went in deep thoughts and then got snapped back to reality.

“So, let’s just start the year with something fun? How about a project.” And some of the students started to groan.

“Oh let me complete!  This time, as you all know we’ll have a this year soon and-“

And she was cut off with cheers. I turned to look at Noah who was obviously trying to irritate Lizzie.

“AND let me complete! So for that we’ll be planning soon. Now coming back to the project, This semester we’re reading ‘Emma’ so I want you to make a modern one! Because this year we have a play on it as well. Auditions will be taken soon. Start working on your modern day pride and prejudice. Watching the movie won’t make you discover the characters. Blah blah, get to work”. That’s all she said before sitting on her chair typing away at her laptop.

“Interesting..” I looked at Daniel who shot me a confused look.

“Excuse me, are you talking to me?” he asked.

“Urmm, yeah..”

Okay now why is he acting like that?

“I have an idea” I smiled at him and he just laughed.

“What’s there to laugh?”

“I’m sorry. I’m not used to having a partner in this. I usually do the work all by myself you know.” he said it in such a tone which made me feel really guilty. But I didn’t let it come on my face. Instead I just shrugged it off.

“What’s the idea?” he asked me after a few seconds.

“You know the modern day lead you could shopping and wear couture”

“And?” he raised an eyebrow.

“And what?”

“And what else?”

“I just thought of this…” I honestly told him.

He blinked. His blue eyes twinkling like the stars in the sky. In a clear sky. He smiled at me before saying something but I didn’t let him.

“I’ll read the book at put in more ideas!” I told him and he looked surprised.

“You will?” I thought his eyes would just pop out any moment.

I looked at him with a confused look all over my face.

“Listen-“ he cut me off “I’m sorry! Like I said, you never used to so much enthusiasm and interest in all projects. Only a few, the ones that were easy!” he stated like it’s just a two day old gossip and a rumour going around about me.

“Are you calling me stupid?” I asked him with fury. Just because I don’t take a book up and study all the time, does not mean I’m stupid.

“No no I just meant-“

“You meant what?”

“I meant-“

“You meant what?”

“I just said that you were never like the ones to actually care about the projects and stuff. You only took interest in the things you thought could be done easily and you could get rid off me and run away” he finally completed his rant.

No that is not true. I never realized I might have actually done that. I always worked on the projects for just a day or two. I never could stand him. To be honest I used to hate the fact he knew so many things. I wont lie, some things he talks about were interesting but still he and I were so different. I felt a little bad if he ever thought I wanted to get rid off him. I saw hurt on his face, but I cant change the past. Hurt was all over his face.

“oh” I all I said. That was probably the most insensitive reply. But I didn’t know what else to say.

‘I’m sorry?’ NO WAY!

“I didn’t know you felt that way! You always seemed okay with doing it all, so I thought..” I trailed off not knowing what to say next. He just looked up and smiled. Oh he smiled.

“I’m going to work more on them, okay?” I asked tilting my head. He just chuckled and went back to his books.

“Daniel?” I couldn’t resist but say it.

“Yeah?” he turned to look at me, but I couldn’t say anything. I felt stupid instantly. What should I say? How should I say it?

So I just smiled at him.

But who knew at the back of my brain I was making plans. I knew my brain couldn’t resist coming back to its mischievous ways.

____________________________________________________________________

I KNOW NOT A VERY CLEAR CHAPTER BUT SORRY I JUST WANTED TO UPDATE

NEXT CHAPTER? SOON WITH STUFF COMING UP!