Gathering

Gingerpaw? Gingerpaw? Thunderstar is announcing that we killed the badger and it’s cubs. Come on!” Goldenpaw yowled into the den. “I’m coming! I’m coming!” He replied in excitement. She limped out to the highrock with her brother who’s shoulder still had cobwebs on it.  “Clanmates,” the clan leader meowed from the highrock. As some of you had heard, the apprentices went off without permission,” as she said that, she looked right at the Goldenpaw “to hunt the badger. They killed it and it’s cubs, but came home with a lot of bad injuries. Now, just to make sure the mother can’t get back into the sett, i will need a patrol to go block it up. But first, we will go to the Gathering, it is a full moon tonight. I will take all the apprentices, Cinderfur, Mousefur, Smallear, Thicketclaw, Yellowstripe, Grasstail, Firefur, Tigerfur, Daisytail, and my deputy, Woodfur and Berryheart. Everybody else, stay and guard the camp.” Thunderstar finished.
  That night, the group followed in single file through the forest behind Thunderstar. Their glowing eyes glistened in the moonlight. The tall pines towered over them as their chatter was the only thing you can hear. Finally they reached fourtrees,Goldenpaw had never been to a gathering before but she knew the basics, each clan leader explains news from their clan, the cats of all clans share tongues before the news is shared and that's basically it. Once they got down to the sacred place, the elders went to hang out with a small group of elders from Shadowclan while most of the warriors went to talk to Hawkfrost, from Riverclan and some warriors from Windclan. Then, Goldenpaw saw Woodfur talking with other cats from different clans. She was bewildered at this sight. By knowing Woodfur, he doesn’t usually talk to cats from other clans. It looked like he was whispering. “Why would he be whispering? You can meow as loud as you like at the Gathering!” she mewed to herself. He padded quickly cat to cat as the clan leaders started to the highrock.  Suddenly he bounded away from the last warrior and sat down beside her. His round blue eyes staring at her with power. “Did you hear me speaking to cats of the clans about how loyal I am to my clan?” Goldenpaw was too afraid to answer what she REALLY thought. So she meowed, “ Mmm hmm, you know it.” After, the brown warrior trotted away his eyes still on her. She NEEDED to tell Thunderstar, but what would she think? Would she believe that her loyal deputy would leave food for the badger so he could control the clan? Would anyone believe her theory? But, maybe it was a mistake, if she’s wrong, she would probably get in trouble for accusing Woodfur like that with no visual proof. I guess I will leave it alone. She thought with doubt.
  All clan leaders reported good news. They spoke of prey running well, new warriors, new apprentices, new kits, and anything else you can think of. “Thunderclan is doing good. Prey is running well and we have two new apprentices, Goldenpaw and Gingerpaw.” Thunderstar began to announce. “Goldenpaw! Gingerpaw!'' The gathered cats yowled to the air. “We did have a badger hangout close to camp, two adult badgers with three cubs, they killed Hollypaw, an apprentice from our clan. We honoured her courage and braveness when she attacked. But then the apprentices went to avenge her death at their nest and almost got killed themselves. Surprisingly they killed one of the badgers and the three cubs. The female is still wandering around though, she had probably left Thunderclan’s territory so keep your patrols alert. That is all I have to report. The Gathering is at an end.” Thunderstar ended her turn. The cats of all clans started to fade away into the trees as their leaders headed back to their camps.
  Wow. That was my first Gathering and it was awesome! Goldenpaw thought excitedly.

But she was so exhausted that as soon as her paws hit the soft, comfy moss of her nest, she literally fell asleep on her paws.’Snort!’ “I’m awake! I’m awake-''. She wasn’t in her nest, she didn’t know where she was. “Hello? Hello! Anyone there? Where am I?” She called. “You are in Starclan’s hunting grounds, Goldenpaw.” The voice sounded so familiar that her ears recognized it right away. “Hollypaw? Is that you?”  “Come find me. I have to tell you something!” she called. “Hollypaw! I’m coming!” she meowed impatiently as she followed Hollypaw’s sweet voice. She bolted through the moor, swimmed in rivers, and climbed trees. “Hollypaw! You are here! I missed you so much!” She stared in disbelief at Hollypaw’s pelt and eyes. “You have to come to the Moonpool tomorrow night. It is important. Tell Squirrelstar to bring you and the apprentices to the Moonpool tomorrow. Now it is time for you to go. Goodbye Goldenpaw. I will be waiting for you. Safe travels, my friend.”  Her small smile and caring eyes twinkled in her face. “No! Hollypaw don’t leave! You have to come back with me!” Goldenpaw meowed, “ Goodbye Goldenpaw”
Goldenpaw woke with a jolt. Immediately, she hopped out of her nest to find Thunderstar.