Bonus Chapter 3....

Four Years Later.... (Olivia is 32. Logan is 40)

"Coming to work with mommy is so fun isn't it." I cooed, balancing my four year old on my hip. At my words Blake bounced around excitedly in my arms. "Mommy's the best."

Reaching down I grabbed a piece of a cookie and handed it to him. Blake happily munching on the cookie as I moved around the kitchen.

"Hey Tor the last set of pies are done!" I called out.

It was nearing 1 o'clock of our last day at the bakery before we closed for Christmas. Like always I was giving my staff three weeks off to spend with family. The last few weeks have been so hectic they all deserved it. I swear every year around the holidays more and more people come and get their desserts from us. It's amazing, even if its stressful.

"How's the little cutie?" Tori asked, coming right over to us to tickle Blake's belly.

"Good!" Blake said loudly around the cookie in his mouth. (I'm not going to write how 4 y/o talk because its so hard. So just imagine it)

"Such a good little helper." Tori grinned as she grabbed the tray of pies. "He'll be running this place in no time."

"Logan's hoping he'll get into some sort of sport." I rolled my eyes. "I think he just wants to be some sort of little league coach."

"Oh man Knox is bad enough, imagine Logan as well."

"The two already pace the sidelines of Leo's games."

"Everyone knows to stay out of their way during games." Tori laughed.

"Don't even get me started." The way my brother and husband get so into the kids sports is comical. You would think the kids are playing professionally with how they act.

"Have you decided what you're doing for Christmas this year?" I asked Tori, shuffling around the kitchen.

"Probably heading to my mom's." Tori's vague answer had me raising eyebrow as she quickly changed the subject. "You guys still planning on heading too Rutland?"

"Yeah we leave tomorrow. With Colleen officially retiring at the end of the year we all thought we should go and spend a few more days than usual."

"Can't believe Colleen is really retiring."

"I know. She's been running the bakery since Aubrey was little." When Colleen told us she was retiring and handing the bakery over we all sat there and stared at her like we were waiting for her to say 'sike!'.

Over the last few years she's taken a step back from the bakery. Not spending as many hours there, letting the staff take on more roles. I know her decision to hand the bakery over was a hard one. Just like my bakery was my baby, so was hers. It was the business her and her late husband started ages ago.

Colleen loved the bakery but as she's gotten older its been harder for her to stand for so many hours and lift the big heavy trays. Plus she wanted to spend more time with her grandkids. Everyone was growing up so fast she didn't want to miss a single moment.

"Who's taking over the bakery?" Tori asked.

"A girl who's been there for years bought the business. She has a couple of kids and her husband works with Aubrey's brother Lucas." I've met her a few times over the years and she was super sweet.

I know Colleen is a bit sad that she couldn't hand the bakery over to someone in the family. With Sophie being 19 and Charlotte 18, Colleen secretly wanted them to but they both had their own things they loved. Sophie was finishing up college to be an Architect and Charlotte was going to Juilliard for Acting.