Bonus Chapter 1...

Warning: Talk of Alzheimer/Dementia

Happy Reading!!! :)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Three months later....(this is three months since Christmas)

"You sure it's okay that I go?"

"Liv."

"It's your mom. I don't want to intrude or make things awkward." I was rambled. "I can just wait here."

Logan and I were currently in the parking lot of the care facility his mother was at. I may be slightly freaking out about meeting his mom. Over the last few months Logan's opened up a bit more about his family, especially his mom.

Telling me stories about his childhood and how'd he bake with his mom when he was young. He even talked more about his little brother. The love he still felt for him clear as day. I couldn't explain how much it meant to me that he was opening up, trusting me more than he ever has.

But while a part of me was happy to meet his mom, there was a part of me that wanted to shake her and demand why she completely shut down. Leaving her son to grieve all on his own. I knew it wasn't entirely her fault. She lost a son and didn't know how to cope. But she could have remembered she had another son that needed her.

I had so many mixed feelings that I worried I would say something when I finally meet her. But at the same time I wanted to make a good impression. She may not be...fully there but she was my boyfriends mother. I wanted her to like me regardless of everything, even if she doesn't end up remembering me.

"Liv." Logan's hand squeezed my thigh. "It's going to be okay." He sent me a supportive smile. "I want you to meet her."

I knew how much this moment meant to him. From what he's told me he's never introduced a girl to his mom before. So this was a huge step for both of us. Meeting your boyfriend/girlfriends family is always a big deal.

"Okay."

"The moment you feel uncomfortable say the word and we can leave." I knew he meant it too. If I so much as looked uncomfortable he would get me out of there. Regardless if its his mother or not.

Reaching down I squeezed his hand and gave him a nod. Giving myself one last little pep talk I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out, Logan moving around the front of the car to meet me. With a small smile Logan laced our fingers together, gently tugging me towards the building.

It was actually a nice facility his mother was in. Almost had that retirement home vibe about it. Tons of pretty flowers and trees along the outside, a huge water fountain in front. It honestly looked like a the perfect place to live.

The closer we got the tighter Logan's grip became. The only sign that he was just as nervous as I was. Probably more nervous about his mom remembering him than anything else. From what he's told me there are some days she seems to almost remember him, or remember something about her two sons. Then others it was like she was a complete stranger.

When we walked through the front doors I was instantly met with a beautiful foyer. There was a desk straight ahead, to help direct visitors, and all around were couches and chairs. From a quick glance around there were two different directions you could go, probably taking you to rooms and other areas.

"Logan." My head snapped back around as the female voice. For a split second jealousy raised its ugly head before I caught sight of who called my boyfriends name. A gorgeous older lady came from down the hall, grinning widely at the two of us. At first I wondered who she was before I noticed the badge hanging from her shirt, showing she worked here.