Chapter 3....

Did he get hotter in the last three years?

My eyes raked his form. He must have taken his coat off as my eyes landed on the way his long sleeve shirt gripped his upper body. His arms seemed even bigger than when I last saw him. When I finally looked into his face I was surprised at the beard gracing his face.

Something about the beard made him look more....rugged and mature. I never knew how attractive a beard could look but as I looked at him I couldn't stop the thoughts of what it would feel like against my skin.

When I finally met his eyes I sucked in a breath. His brown eyes were already on me, the intensity of them making me flush. I knew he noticed me checking him out which just made my face feel hotter. Great he just caught me checking him out like a creep. I quickly looked away, fisting my hands in the fabric of my sweater.

"Hey Olivia." Logan greeted, his deep voice brushing against my skin. I couldn't stop the shiver that ran down my spine at his voice. Damn who knew a voice could be so attractive.

"Hey." I inwardly winced at the squeaky tone that came out of my mouth. Whenever I was around Logan it was like I became a blushing, mumbling mess. I wasn't the most confident person talking to guys but something about Logan made it even worse. It was like I forgot how to talk or be normal.

Thankfully Abigail and Leo broke the awkward tension that seemed to rise between us.

"Auntie Liv brought cookies." Abigail beamed up at Logan, Leo beside her bouncing around.

"Yeah but you need to get dinner first, you little munchkin." Knox reached down and grabbed his daughter. "Lets go see momma." Leo running ahead of them.

Knox left the room leaving Logan and I standing there awkwardly. I wasn't really sure what to say. Aside from the fact I was awkward in general but what do you say to a guy you haven't seen in three years. Add in that he left without saying anything.

"So, uh, how have you been?" Logan asked, breaking the silence first.

"I've been good. Just, um, busy with work."

"Knox told me you opened a bakery? Sweet Delights?" Logan said putting his hands in his pockets as he looked at me.

"I did." I tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear, suddenly a little embarrassed.

(Cue the Debby Ryan comments :D)

"That's great. You always wanted to own your own bakery."

"It's been...a process but yeah it's been pretty great."

"That's good." Logan nodded. The air around us turning even more awkward if that was possible.

"How about you?" I asked, shuffling my feet.

"Good. Work and more work." He cracked a small smile. Three years ago after my brother expanded the hardware store, Logan decided to move to Albany to help open and run the new store.

"Knox told me the store is doing well."

"It is. Can't really complain."

Again, cue awkwardness. It was like the two of us couldn't hold a conversation, at least not with each other. I knew why but you would think three years apart would help erase the tension between us but apparently not.

I itched to say something but I wasn't sure what to say. This is why I've avoided him every time he's come to visit. Random spur of the moment things would come up so I wouldn't have to stand here awkwardly like this.

Right as I opened my mouth my brothers voice called out, thankfully stopping me from saying something stupid.

"You two coming?" His head popped out of the kitchen, looking between the two of us. Inwardly thanking my brother I brushed past Logan, ignoring the hard muscle I felt, and headed for the kitchen.

Trapped For Christmasजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें