Chapter 14...

"I know it's early and a Monday but I wanted to talk to everyone before we opened." I looked at Tory, Edith and George. Edith and George looking more awake than Tory, who was currently nursing a coffee in her hands while staring at me with hooded eyes.

"I decided that today and Tomorrow will be our last days of selling until the New Year." At my words Tory perked up.

"Wait, seriously?"

"You guys have been working non-stop the last two weeks and deserve some days off."

"What about the orders?" Edith asked.

"We only have a few left that we can finish today and tomorrow. I posted on our website and on the door that we will be closing from the 22nd to the 2nd of January." The look of excitement on Tory's face had me grinning.

"But that means I need you all here until 3 today and tomorrow. Is that okay?" I wanted to be sure that we got all the orders done in time.

"Works for me." George sent me a smile, followed by agreeing nods from Edith and Tory.

"Okay so-"

"Where's Logan?" At the mention of Logan's name my heart did a little flutter. I haven't heard from him since Saturday night after he dropped me off at home.

After what happened at the bar he drove us around for a little bit before I was okay enough to go home. I hadn't wanted to leave Logan's side but it was getting late and I felt bad making him drive around with me when he could have still been at the bar with his friends or home relaxing.

I thought he would just drop me off downstairs but he quietly got out and walked me up to my apartment door. Once again being the true gentleman that he was. Right before he left he pulled me back into a hug and kissed the top of my head. A kiss so innocent but it played non-stop in my head the following day.

So much that when I went to get coffee with Aubrey the next day I kept zoning out. Every time Aubrey asked what was wrong I just waved her off and told her I was tired. I wasn't sure I wanted to tell her about Logan and I; even though there was no 'Logan and I'.

I love Aubrey, she's like a sister to me, but I knew she would somehow tell my brother which would just cause more issues than it was worth. And I didn't want her to know about what happened at the bar. Then she really would tell Knox and he'd go all protective mode on my ass. Something I was not in the mood for.

"Um..." I wasn't sure if Logan was going to come to the bakery again this week or if last week was a fluke. I mean he didn't really work here anyways so it wasn't like he was expected to be here.

As I struggled to come up with a response the ding of the front door interrupted me. Glancing over Edith's shoulder my eyes landed on the person walking through the door.

"Logan!" Tory practically yelled when she caught sight of him. "You came!"

I couldn't look away from him as he walked around the counter, sending a small smile to everyone before he looked at me. Nothing could stop the butterflies from erupting in my stomach as our eyes met.

Something seemed to shift between us Saturday. I wasn't entirely sure what it was but I was pretty sure he felt it too.

"Sorry I'm late." His voice broke me out of my staring.

"You're good we haven't started yet." I sent him a small smile. "I was just telling everyone tomorrow is our last day of selling." Surprise fleeted across his face. Before I could get lost staring at his eyes I looked down at my iPad.

"With that said we better get going. There are pies and cookies already out of the oven, a batch in the oven and more batches waiting to be put in." Having got here two hours ago I was able to make quite a few things already. "We have five orders that need to get done before noon."