I couldn't help but stutter "I-I wanted to get it perfect" I admit "I feel intimidated when you watch me, or anyone really"

She raised her chin and narrowed her eyes "You want to dance for the world but don't like being watched?" Her tone was cold and dark, almost as if she were testing me "Is that some kind of joke?"

"I just get nervous" I mumbled, jumping almost out of my skin when her palm reached to lift my chin towards the mirror "I'm scared of messing up"

"The biggest lesson you can learn in life is from failure!" She hummed, her voice collected and stern "You need to focus, instead of throwing a tantrum get the fuck up and carry on!"

I shivered again, feeling her hand on my chin a familiar sensation that didn't at all make me comfortable more than intimidated "I c-can't help it" I spoke back with a weak tremble "I get angry at myself"

"Anger is one letter short of being danger!" She spoke, sending a note of regret and realisation into my body like never before "It's like a boomerang that will come back and smack you in the chest! Stop throwing it and put it down! Step aside and get the fuck on with it! Again!"

She stormed back over towards the stereo and lifted the volume, her long black gown and exposed chest reminding me of the reason I wanted to stay. I couldn't stop staring, the thick locks of black tickling her strong hips sending a note of adrenaline into my body I couldn't ignore

Her words hit like blades and for now I was feeling far different than when she arrived. The music began again, spiralling into powerful melodies my body instantly reacted to. Nothing more was felt other than the desire to get it right, to impress her and make her see me for me

I moved across the studio with a fire in my gut, spinning and turning like a tornado while she watched with folded arms. I wanted this, I needed this! Nothing in my life felt more intense than this and I was ok with that, it's almost as if it drowned all of the bad out and filled it with good

I didn't stop until the music came to an end, bending down to hold my aching knees with a panting chest. She paced back and switched off the stereo before walking halfway towards me and my tired frame "Better" was all she spoke, but for some reason it made me feel incredible, a tiny ounce of validation from the woman who tirelessly gave me a hard time

"Thanks" I panted, unable to look her in the eye as my anxiety instantly took over "It felt good"

"You can do much better Camila" She rasped, folding her arms over her chest "I applaud your dedication in staying behind but you are far from an elite for now"

I shook my head and stood up straight "Seriously?" I asked with bite "You could have stopped with the compliment?"

She cocked a brow and started walking around the space "It is my job to critique my dancers, would you prefer me not tell you the truth?"

"I'd prefer you to be nice, actually!" I blurted with a shaking head, walking towards my bag to yet again escape her company "It's not that hard!"

I could feel Lauren's eyes trained on the back of my head as I shoved past her shoulder "Camila, the sooner you understand what it takes to be at the top of this academy, the better!" I tried not to listen, hating the way she constantly tried to outsmart me and my ability "You have the potential, but it's how you choose to channel that potential which will define your success and status"

"Whatever" I grunted, picking my bag up to drape it over my exhausted shoulder "You say all of this shit, but your only goal is to suppress me until I decide to leave, right?"

Just as I went to leave the room, the sound of her heels behind me stopped my pace dead in its tracks. Her blazing green eyes staring back at me with a look of anger "Stop doing that!" She hissed "Deflecting, it gets neither of us anywhere!"