Lauren swallowed her pride and sank her forehead into her palms with a deep breath "We had a thing, sex only but she got overwhelmed by the pressure of being here and finished it! Now I'm facing stomach punches from Fallon and Emma because I'm being cold and harsh in return" the woman's tone was mocking however gave Nikki more than enough to work with

"Oh how dare you be upset after a breakup! So selfish!" The woman teased "Harsh too? Goodness, you would think paying twenty thousand dollars a month for a girl to dance for you would lead you to be soft and sweet? I mean it's not like you essentially live in this office, driving yourself crazy trying to provide her with opportunities and resources?"

"Stop it" Lauren laughed genuinely "You're not funny!"

"It hurts right?" Nikki followed "That's why you're swallowing that poison like it's water?"

Lauren shrugged "I'm torn actually, I mean yeah, I'm hurt, but with the push back from Fallon I kind of feel like I'm being an asshole"

"Go on?"

Lauren felt strange, Nikki had always reached into her soul. She had to, representing her public image was a full time job and she was only able to do such a thing if totally in touch with the woman's mind. Right now however, Lauren felt entirely exposed

"She's had a rough life, her temper is like a tripping wire and her self esteem is non existent. She doesn't have anyone apart from herself" she began "Fallon won't let me say a bad word because of those things. I can't even correct her without being labelled as a bully and it- it just"

"What Lauren?" Nikki pushed "I'm listening"

Lauren bit her lower lip and shook her head, a tear escaping her perfectly painted eyes "It makes me feel so, fucking lonely?"

Nikki nodded back and simply observed the woman's broken expression. The pen in her hand settling as she swallowed to speak "Why does it make you feel lonely?" She asked cautiously, knowing the woman's emotional temperament enough to realise, one wrong move meant no more talk

Lauren wiped the salty drop of disappointment with the back of her wrist "Nobody listens to me?" She began "I try to talk and they assume I'm trying to attack the girl? I fucking pay for her to be here? Not them, me!" She ranted emotionally "If I wanted her out, she'd be gone!"

"So when you say you're being harsh? How do they see that?" Nikki asked, forgetting her purpose for being there

"I'm snarky yeah, I'm shut off but why the fuck would I walk in with a smile when she pushed me out?" She sobbed gently, not because she missed Camila, but because she was frustrated by her friends' evident lack of trust "She chose to end things so why I am I getting the blame? I still watch her in rehearsals, plan her future in this academy! I gave her advice on how to be stronger, elite! I upped her pay cheque last night to compensate the hours lost after having a breakdown that I fucking fixed!"

Nikki smiled back and crossed her arms "You have a huge heart Lo, I really hope the girl sees one day what you're doing for her despite the circumstances" she spoke kindly, passing the woman a box of tissues "She will be great because of you!"

Lauren rolled her eyes "Will she?" She hissed with attitude "I can't say shit to her without being ambushed! I'm pissed off but I still care about her future! I still want her to prove to the world that girls with trauma can be better than their past!"

"Have you told her that?" Nikki asked with a cocked brow, nodding to herself when the woman in front shook her head "I think that Fallon has some audacity to forget where you came from Lo, your past has hindered your ability to feel things others can, she should be considering you and taking care of you!" The woman spoke passionately "I also believe that this poor girl needs a friend like Fallon, it's just a shame you can't be on the same page!"

"I don't even know how to handle this anymore Nikki" Lauren laughed "She's being guarded by a pack of wolves right now!"

"Step the fuck up and be the boss?" Nikki argued "You own this place Lauren? This academy has your name outside! Those dancers are great because you made them great!"

Lauren only nodded back with a sigh "I know, I'm trying"

"Girl, I see it!" Nikki spat "Camila by the sounds of it has had a hard time, but how is she supposed to know you're doing good by her if you don't tell her?" Lauren remained silent "I get you need to be a lot harsher with someone with intense emotional instability, it takes a flame thrower to get through all of those walls so keep at it! Just maybe try to sprinkle some soft in the mix too huh?"

Lauren nodded "I'll try"

"You will!" The woman corrected "Because in three weeks time you will be side by side performing to millions of viewers around the world! Which, by the way, is why I'm here!"

"I knew it was a negative visit" Lauren laughed back "My mother put me up to this and gave no warning either! She just wants to see my fail!"

"She wants to see the academy make money! She'd never make a decision that would dent her retirement cheque!" Nikki laughed "I do agree however, you and Camila looked magnificent on that stage and I am ripping my hair out trying to find a way to top it!"

Lauren swallowed hard and looked across at the concept board "I have nothing to ease your mind I'm afraid, I've been struggling with inspiration"

Nikki rolled her eyes "I knew you'd say that!" She grunted "Come on, get your big girl panties on and let's get planning!"