Chapter Thirty-One

Man, on TV: The Georgia Athletic Conference semifinals, the last stop before the conference championships

Man, on TV: The Georgia Athletic Conference semifinals, the last stop before the conference championships. Conyers University is holding its own against Bringston, a team eager to shut down questions about their dominance after a string of losses. It's come down to this-- Bringston up by one, bottom of the ninth, two outs, two strikes, the firepower of Damon Sims on the mound.

"Come on, Damon," Sevyn muttered as they watched the game in the lounge.

Man, on TV: Sims lets it fly, a swing, strike 3. Bringston wins it.

"We are headed to the championship."

Sevyn and Simone cheered loudly for their boys as everyone celebrated around them, Sevyn took her phone out and sent each of her boys a message congratulating them.

Leaving out of Simone and Nate's room with a laugh Simone started, "I'm just shocked that Dr. Pace doesn't have you in some extra dance rehearsal."

"Girl, she is back to ignoring me since the ball. From her point of view, I guess me finding a loophole to stay in her class was just another instance of me challenging her." Keisha said as walked toward the lounge.

"Mm-hmm."

"She want me out her class so bad."

"I'm sorry, Keish. This is supposed to be your dream semester of dance." Sevyn said to her.

"Mm. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right? I refuse to let Dr. Pace stress me out." Keisha told them as they made their way into the lounge.

"Good." Sevyn and Simone said at the same time.

"Speaking of someone stressing, Nate, please put these notecards down," Keisha said as she took the card out of her hand while she and Sevyn sat on either side of Nate and Simone sat on the arm of the chair.

"Uh, no. The debate is tomorrow. Oh, can you guys quiz me at least one more time, please?"

"No." Simone, Sevyn and Keisha all said.

"No. Nate, you've studied these issues inside and out. Girl, you got it." Sevyn told her.

"Fine, no more prep, but that means I need a distraction, and, well, typically, Damon and Simone drama does the trick," Nate said with a smile as Keisha gave a shocked look toward Simone.

"Period Nate," Sevyn said with a smile loving the drama.

"Child, anyway-" Simone started.

"No, no, no, no, no. You're gonna tell us what's going on with you two." Keisha said.

"Mm."

Simone rolled her eyes before starting, "It's pretty much been radio silence since the masquerade ball. There."

"Oh, you mean since he handed you his heart, then gave you the most romantic ultimatum." Keisha said with a smile.

"My God, if I speak--" Nate said as they laughed.