Chapter Fifteen

"As the institution finds itself in need, it deserves the help of those to whom it's given so much

"As the institution finds itself in need, it deserves the help of those to whom it's given so much." Simone read aloud to Thea, Sevyn, and Jerika.

"Mm. Your aunt with the words. I can't believe B.U. might close."

"Hey. We're all trying to save it. Plus, we should be thanking the alumni for raising half the money already." Sevyn told them.

"Yeah, I think the best thing we can do right now is just focus on tennis," Thea says just as her phone chimes.

"Let me guess. It's Damon congratulating you on your tournament win this morning. You're giving front-runner." Jerika said with a chuckle, Sevyn looked over at Simone before grabbing her hand.

"No, it's just Nate asking me to lunch. Damon sent me flowers, though."

"Okay romance," Sevyn said with a smile.

"Well, I'm glad someone from Bringston's still in the pro tournament. I got knocked out yesterday, so, Thea, Sev it's all on you two." Simone said to Thea and Sevyn just as Coach Loni came over.

"Ladies. Afternoon I want top 6 on the court. Partner up. As for the rest of you, weight training. One hour. Go." Coach Loni told them, Sevyn gave Simone's hand a squeeze before going to partner with Thea.

" Coach Loni told them, Sevyn gave Simone's hand a squeeze before going to partner with Thea

"Wow, Keish. You pulled this together real last minute." Simone and Sevyn approached the two at the booth with a grin.

"Yes, Kudos, but... Is this really gonna be enough to raise 4 million by tomorrow night?" Nate questioned.

"4 million dollars is a lot of money," Sevyn said.

"I don't know what's gonna happen tomorrow, but we can't do nothing," Keisha confidently stated.
"There will be a next semester at Bringston, damn it."

Taking a seat next to Keisha, Sevyn agreed. "You're right. We're gonna save our school."

In the midst of trying to cheer up Keisha, Simone received a phone call and excused herself from the group to speak privately.

Sevyn crossed her arms against her chest while she pouted, "with all of this going on do you really think we can do it?"

"Look Sevyn if you are going to complain about trying to save the school we love then you can go."