Chapter Eighteen

"Keisha I am tired I have been helping you check people in all day, I'm not even an R

"Keisha I am tired I have been helping you check people in all day, I'm not even an R.A.," Sevyn said as she pouted.

"Girl you just want to sneak off," Keisha said just as Simone stepped off the elevator and walked toward them.

"Uh-- OK. It's giving... a "Mighty Morphin Power" baddie both of y'all." Keisha said noticing both Sevyn and Simone were matching.

"That's not what you're wearing to your audition, are you?" Simone asked her.

"Is it--is it too much?"

"I'm not mad at it. I know switching your major to dance was a huge step, but you were made for this, Keish. And you got this." Simone told her.

"Thank you for saying it again because she acts like she's not an amazing dancer," Sevyn said as she checked in a student.

"This audition determines whether or not I get into the program at all."

"Uh-uh, ah, no, stop it. You got it." Simone started.

"Exactly and you are fine, and you're gonna get in this dance program. Period." Sevyn said as she held Keisha's hand.

"Period." They looked over to see Thea laughing with Tootie.

"Aw. Look at Thea making new friends to fight with later," Keisha said making Sevyn chuckle.

"She's not new. That's Tootie since Thea's out, she slid into the number one spot on the team." Sevyn explained as she rolled her eyes.

"What, so injured players don't go to practice still 'cause she's the only one in street clothes looking like she got somewhere else to go," Keisha said.

"Coach Loni banned her from practice," Simone told her.

"OK. I mean, I can give you a moment since that seems like it shook you so much." Keisha said causing Simone to chuckle.

"Am I happy the girl's injured? No. But am I happy I don't have to deal with her mess? Hell, yeah. Now I can just focus on bonding with the team." Simone said to them.

"You can't tell me there's not some part of you that's low-key sad that the two of you aren't cool right now because it's so awkward for me," Sevyn said to Simone.

"Come on we have practice," Simone said changing the subject.