Chapter Twenty-Nine

The first thing Sevyn did once she touched down in California was to go to her uncle's house where she would be staying and hug everyone

The first thing Sevyn did once she touched down in California was to go to her uncle's house where she would be staying and hug everyone. She still couldn't believe that he was gone.

She had been sleeping in Liv's room and so was Jordan who slept on the floor holding Sevyn's hand while the girls tossed and turned on the bed.

Finally making her way downstairs she saw her parents, Denise, Layla, Patience, and Coop in the kitchen planning the to-do list for the funeral.

"Hey, Sev I didn't think you would be coming down soon," Layla said to her but Sevyn just ignored her and laid down on the couch with her blanket wrapped around her just as someone knocked on the door her mother went to go answer it.

"Hey, daddy," Marie said as she pulled her father into a hug just as her aunt came the down the steps her grandfather opened his arms and Laura quickly moved to hug him.

"Hey, grandpa." Sevyn with a sniffle as he pulled her into a hug.

"My darling granddaughter." He said while rubbing her back before heading to the kitchen.

Sevyn's phone chimed and she looked to see it was another message from her Bringston family. She looked at the message from Damon and Keisha and locked her phone with a sigh just as Patience sat down beside her and wrapped her arms around Sevyn.

"You know I'm here for you girl."

Leaning her head on Patience's shoulder with a sigh, "yeah I know but we gotta be strong for my aunt, my mom, and my cousins."

"Yeah but that doesn't mean for you to be excluded." Patience told her.

"Yeah I know thank you Patience I appreciate it," Sevyn said as she wrapped her arms around her.

"Girl you are family, we are always here," she told her before leaving.

Sevyn could hear her grandfather, Ms. Grace, her father, and Ms. Dense's conversation and choose to ignore it just as she heard the front door open causing her to stand up and see Jordan and Layla coming in and Spencer and Liv walking down the stair, Sevyn moved to stand next to Spencer who wrapped his arms around her.

"That's not the right suit, Jordan," Laura said as she and Marie walked over.

Looking down at the suit he started, "Uh... but you said to get dad's blue suit. This was the only blue suit in the closet."

"Yes! That's Navy blue! And the one I need is light blue! It's the one he wore the day we renewed our vows!" Laura yelled.

"Well, w-we can look again, mom. It's OK." Liv said.

"Yeah, I'm down to help, too." Spencer offered.

"Yeah me too auntie," Sevyn said while Laura sighs.

"I... I was with Jordan, and I promise looking again won't help. The suit wasn't there." Layla said as she crossed her arms.