Chapter Six

The Bringston group were all on their phone as they sat in the common area

The Bringston group were all on their phone as they sat in the common area. Sevyn was eating peach rings and texting Darnell the two were cordial and that was it.

"Whose Nell?" Damon asked as he looked at Sevyn's phone.

"No one nosey." Sevyn as she pushed his head away and threw a peach ring at him, Damon ate it before the girl could take it back and teased her causing Sevyn to shove him playfully.

"Ooh, that is it. All the duties Coach Loni assigned me for the athletic alumni weekend... are done." Simone said as she entered the room causing them to look up from their phones.

"Oh, my god," Damon said as they laughed.

"I finished earlier and It's like Coach Loni made sure to give everyone a lot of assignments to do," Sevyn said before eating another peach ring.

"Hey, do either of you play this weekend?" Damon asked the two as he put down his book before reaching into Sevyn's bag to grab a couple.

"No. Coach decided that the student/alumni matches would only be upperclassmen. Sev and I were just helping with arrangements. Yo, Cam, do you gotta still go to the football game if you're on injured reserve?" Simone asked as she opened her laptop and started to type.

"No. I just gotta go to that stupid alumni dinner."

"Oh. Do y'all two want to go see some matches with me and Sev tomorrow?" Simone asked Keisha and Damon.

"I'm sorry, love. A whole day sitting in the sun on concrete benches is not really my idea of a good time." Keisha said causing Sevyn to look at her in disbelief.

"What, you ain't got no love for your friends out here in the struggle?" Damon asked Keisha just as Simone got a text message before quickly leaving.

"Period Damon," Sevyn said as the two did their handshake.

"Well, the struggle is also real for those of us in desperate need of gel tips," Keisha said as she opened and closed her hand.

"What... What does that even mean?" Damon asked confused.

"There is a lot to teach you Damon and I got you Keisha come by my room I'll fix them," Sevyn said causing Keisha to smile.

Over the past month, Sevyn has been doing people's nails on campus and was making bank one thing about girls on campus they didn't play about was their nails or hair.

"So Sev are your parents coming to Alumni weekend?" Damon asked.

"Yeah we've been coming for years and now they are most definitely coming because their daughter is here now," Sevyn said as she typed her paper.

"Security included?" Cam asked.

"Yep and they got me a bodyguard but they think I don't know, I mean you can't hide a six-foot-six man in black for so long," Sevyn said pointing to the guy on the other side of the room causing her friends to laugh just as Simone and JR came in.