Chapter Ten

"I hear they already sold more tickets than they did last year

"I hear they already sold more tickets than they did last year. Probably 'cause they hired me to choreograph the routine." Keisha said as she, Nate, Simone, and Sevyn stood in the line.

"And because of the 8 hotties who will be performing said routine." Nate said causing Sevyn to nod in agreement, "What? I'm excited for you and for the eye candy. Two things can be true."

"Period Nate," Sevyn said high fiving her.

"Mm. Well, my support is pure. I already got a man, so, no eye candy and no date auction for moi." Simone said causing them to look at her.

"Um, it's not an auction. We don't auction people at HBCUs." The girl at the booth said with a chuckle.

"Oh. Well, then how do you win dates?" Simone asked.

"By donating the most money, but it all happens live, each person donating more than the last."

"So, it's still kind of giving..." Simone started but Nate cut her off.

"A brilliant idea for an event." Nate finished as she gave the girl the money.

"Thank you. I love your hair."

"Thank you."

"Thanks for signing up and volunteering."

"See ya." Nate says before the four walk away from the booth.

"So, if you're volunteering, does that mean you wanna pledge?" Simone asked as Nate looked at her in shock.

"Girl, can you please keep your voice down?" Keisha told her.

"Whoa. Why?" Simone asked causing Sevyn to roll her eyes.

"Because I would like to pledge, but discretion is key. The exquisite 8 do not put their pledging business out in these streets. The low-key rumor is that PKZ's open to non-binary pledges, hence the volunteering." Nate explained with a smile.

As much as Sevyn wanted to tell them but like Nate said discretion is key, Sevyn couldn't tell them that she had been pledging to a sorority for the past five weeks.

"Nate, that's amazing," Simone told her.

"Okay Nate."

"Yeah. You do you, girl." Keisha said as they laughed before looking at Simone who was texting Jordan.

"And I can say the same to you. I know that face. It's Jordan, isn't it?" Keisha said.

"They probably sexting," Sevyn said while rolling her eyes.

"Yeah.

"Mm."

"He's reminding me of our virtual date tonight. Forgot to put it on the calendar." Simone told them causing them to laugh.

"Scheduling phone sеx is the opposite of sexy," Sevyn said as she laughed.

"OK, well, Jordan and I are full-time students and athletes who live on different coasts, so, we gonna do what we gotta do to stay connected," Simone told them.