Chapter Twenty

"Yeah, I like it," Simone said as they were trying to figure out an outfit for baby Shay's first day of preschool

"Nope. Blue top, brown bottoms." Nate says while placing the picture of the pants under the blue shirt.

"OK, fine. Let's focus on lunch, and do not say tuna salad." Simone said aiming it toward Keisha causing Nate and Sevyn to laugh.

"Shade. What did tuna ever do to you?"

"Because it's giving lunchtime loneliness. Ain't no kid want to trade for tuna salad." Sevyn told her.

"Exactly, Sev understands."

"I would," Keisha says just as Damon gets off the elevator and walks towards them.

"What's all this?"

"It's a vision board for Shay's first day of preschool. Shanelle found a beginner's preschool program." Simone explained.

"So what, like, pre-preschool or something?"

"More like daycare but with classes," Nate said with a smile.

"Yeah, Shanelle and I have been planning the perfect first day for weeks."

"I cannot wait for Shanelle to send us pictures and videos of my baby," Sevyn said as she fixed the vision board.

"I know," Simone said with a pout.

"I think it's dope that you're working with Shay's adopted mother."

"Are you regretting your mom and birth mom meeting up on campus tomorrow?" Simone asked.

Damon had been telling them that Celine wanted to wanted to finally meet Kenna and even though he hasn't said anything they could tell that their friend was stressed about the two mothers meeting each other.

"Uh, I mean, I know it's time to clear the air with everybody, but I can't help but feel like this is gonna be a complete disaster," Damon admitted.

"I mean, you never know. Keena and Celine, they might surprise you. Look at me and Shanelle." Simone said causing him to think about that as he walked away.

"I mean Simone you did sit outside their house a couple of times," Sevyn said.