Chapter Twenty - Two

"Circle up

"Circle up. Come on. Hustle, hustle." Coach Loni called causing her to stop jumping rope and head over to stand with the team.

"Team is looking good. Keep this up, and we'll be back dominating like I know we can. Until then, I have good news. The Georgia Athletic Conference has singled out another one of our players last week it was Sevyn Baker-Wade."

"Simone Hicks has been awarded Player of the Week. As you know, she's won her last 4 matches by a wide margin. Keep it up, Simone. Great job. Whoo!" Coach Loni said as she and Sevyn were the only ones clapping.

"Wow. Come on. Hit the showers. Let's go." Coach Loni said disappointed.

"You know this don't make you better than any of us," Tootie said to Simone before walking away.

"Damn say congrats and keep moving like she really making me ready to take her spot Simone," Sevyn said just as Thea walked over.

"Congrats, but I hope you're not surprised that the ladies don't want to celebrate anyone when the team as a whole is losing," Thea said before walking away.

"Look Simone I'm happy for you just like you were happy for me," Sevyn said before her phone chimed she looked to see it was a message from Lando causing her to smile as the two walked off the court.

"Lando hmm," Simone said as she looked at Sevyn's phone.

"It's nothing we're keeping it casual, and now he's trying to figure out what we are even though he was the one who wanted to keep it casual," Sevyn said.

"Brothers that think alike, I told Devin that we are acquaintances with benefits," Simone said causing Sevyn to laugh.

"No, you didn't."

"I did and before that, I said he was just Devin."

"You are a mess, look I got a sorority chapter interest meeting, I'll see you later," Sevyn told Simone as she looked up from her phone.

"Ard see you Sev," Simone said as they did their handshake before walking away.