Chapter Thirty

After a week and a half Sevyn was now back on campus much to her dismay, she wanted to stay home but of course, her parents thought that being around her Bringston family would help her cope

The past week and a half were hard for her, she ignored every text and call from her Bringston family, but of course, her mother kept in contact with Amara and Coach Marcus so they could keep everyone in the loop.

Watching the elevator doors open it felt like déjà vu when she stepped out and saw her family there waiting for her just like they were when Damon's father passed.

"I'm sorry for your loss Sev," Damon said first while he pulled her into a hug.

"Thank you, Damon."

"Of course, if it's anything you need we're here for you," Simone said while hugging her.

"Sevyn it's so good to see you we're here just like you've been for all of us." Coach Marcus said.

"Thanks, coach," Sevyn said giving him a small smile.

"If you need someone to talk to we're here for you," JR told her while hugging her.

"I appreciate you guys being here but um ima head to my room for a little," Sevyn said not giving them a chance to reply.

Taking a deep breath she opened the door to her room she couldn't help but think of the last phone call with her uncle or getting the news from Jordan as she stepped into her room. She saw that the glass from the lamp she threw was cleaned and replaced.

"Babe you okay?" Lando's question caused her to break her to snap out of her thoughts and look at him with sadness in her eyes.

"Can you hug me?" She said trying to hold back the tears. Without saying anything Lando walked into her room, closed the door, and hugged her.

The two swayed in silence as Sevyn cried while Lando rubbed her back.

"Hey ladies, I hope you guys have gotten mine and Keisha's choreography with Omega Pi down pact 'cause y'all have to be perfect

"Hey ladies, I hope you guys have gotten mine and Keisha's choreography with Omega Pi down pact 'cause y'all have to be perfect. Also, I sent each of you, your list for the ball and which alumni each of you will have to host that's in town for the event." Sevyn said with a fake smile just as one of JRs pledges came in with a bag.